What makes Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter so good?

5ekyu

Hero
I don't believe you. I believe you say so only to deny yourself the truth. These feats make some (but not all) players decide against playing fighters with spears, throwing knives or whatnot, because they offer such a huge increase in primary efficiency. Other players couldn't care less, but also would not be disturbed by feats that were actually balanced and included more variety.

But I do not suppose we can get any further, so I guess our discussion is at an end. The OP has been given ample answer as to what exactly makes these feats so good.

All we can do now is await the revised edition and hope these feats are included in it.
It is not often that a poster goes wholehog in their fervor as to tell a GM they are wrong about results in games run by the GM and likely never seen by the poster.

It answers any questions about credibility i might have had, so thanks.

Hmm. I fail to see how the suggestion of limiting the -5/+10 to Berserkers would help those other fighters.

One of the classes where it thematically fit and a class that can not get as mileage out of the feat because frenzy uses the bonus action. It also allows different classes to take the cleave feat for different weapons. So sword and board fighters don't feel they wasted half of the feat just to have the bonus action attack.

D

dco

It give me the idea to convert GWM to replace the frenzy berserker ability at level 6,
I like your idea, I don't use feats and I was never happy with that class ability, I will use that in my games. Now the Berserker can fight reliably with two weapons if he wants, no more exhaustion and the ability suits the berserker, you go Frenzy you lose accuracy. But no on/off posssibility, once you entre Frenzy you have -5/+10 during all rage time.

Remove ads