• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What monsters are you hoping are in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes?

From my perspective there are a lot of misconceptions about the big T. When I did my research for a 5e update of Tharizdun I only found one official stat block and he as a low level god (low end intermediate if I remember correctly). Just because a god is on a course to bring out the destruction of the universe doesn't mean they are, themselves, particularly powerful on an individual combat basis. Though his only official stats had him similar in power to Tiamat (who has been stated in every edition I believe), I too doubt he will be stated.

Yeah he only has the power of an intermediate god because he is trapped.

I also am 99% sure he is not going to be in the book. Maybe a mention but I doubt even that.

Goober4473

Explorer
Everything I wanted, I put in the Planar Bestiary. I'd perhaps like to see some faction agents, along with however they update the Sigil factions.

dave2008

Legend
Yeah he only has the power of an intermediate god because he is trapped.

That could be, and that is generally how I've thought of it. However, I just checked and the Dragon article doesn't say. It mentions that he is imprisoned, but doesn't say anything about his stats being diminished because of it. He has a divine rank of 11 (20 being the max), in the article.

E

Elderbrain

Not to derail the thread, but I'm pretty sure his power has diminished since the time he was imprisoned, since he has few worshipers (and a deity's power is often linked to the number of worshipers it has). Being imprisoned makes it harder to obtain worshipers and also to grant Cleric spells.

Extraplanar beasties would make my day. I’d love to see the Astral Dreadnought return.

Also, since Volo’s brought back some Fiend Folio monsters, it’d be cool to see some from the 1e MMII return.

E

Elderbrain

I left a few out that I want, such as the Bladelings, Arcane/Mercane (who appeared in both Spelljammer and Planescape), Lillend, Psurlon, and Hordlings. Oh, who am I kidding, put the kitchen sink it!

Remove ads