• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What "non-main" book do you use the most?

Zilong

First Post
Another avid Xanathar user here. Though, oddly enough, my players, who have used splats often in the past, aren't doing much with Xanathar's. It's mostly myself using the DM tools (mostly the name tables).

We're playing through ToA at the moment, so obviously that gets the most use by the DM.

For us players it would be Xanathar's Guide to Everything. That said, it's mostly used only for a few spells. Everything else is just by the book PHB. This is only our second 5E campaign (our campaigns generally last a couple of years), so most of us have only played 2-3 races/classes so far.

Tallifer

Hero
Google Images.

brick face.jpg

akr71

Hero
I'd say its pretty close to 50%-50% for XGtE & VGtM for both me and my players. I use the Nord Games Ultimate NPCs books a fair amount too.

ThestiasGaming

First Post
It's a tie between Xan's and SCAG; I love the character tables, tools, and sub-class options in XGTE, and I'm a huge fan of the backgrounds, wizard cantrips, and class options (Bladesinger specifically) in SCAG. I don't use Volo's much at all, and MTOF gets a decent amount of use, but not nearly as much as the other two I use a lot

Remove ads