• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other games do you play?

Dragon Snack

First Post
HelloChristian said:
Some people have a hard time making the transition to GURPS, especially from D&D. Others, though, love the change of pace. I'm with you, though, I'll always slot it way up high on my fave games list. What's not to love about a game where a heavy crossbow pointed at your head really means something?
Oddly, we ported our White Wolf mash up over to GURPS, talk about a change of pace... :eek:

Thinking back, that game was probably over 10 years ago. :(

HelloChristian

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
When I go point buy, I want my points to mean nothing more than a mechanical effect I get to flavor to taste. :)

True. You really need something like GURPS Powers to make a superhero style game. It can be done with the Characters book, but not as well.

Someone above mentioned ASL. Oh man, I used to have so much fun pushing the counters around the map. I wish more people played wargames. They are glorious.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
HelloChristian said:
True. You really need something like GURPS Powers to make a superhero style game. It can be done with the Characters book, but not as well.

Someone above mentioned ASL. Oh man, I used to have so much fun pushing the counters around the map. I wish more people played wargames. They are glorious.

Hi-

If you are interested in playing ASL again here is a gropu in your neck of the woods:

socalasl@yahoogroups.com

If your looking to play ASL lite, the current publisher has put out ASL starter Kits, these are cheap entry level games that will help those who do not want to commit just yet to the full rules system:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/aslsk.php

And lastly heres a great forum where you can talk ASL to your hearts content:

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Scott

Blackwind

Explorer
Risus.

Recently a short-lived PBEM called "Heroes of the Xenaverse" (yes it was a Xena parody, okay), and now gearing up for a pick-up home game I'm calling "Her Majesty's Royal Secret Bureau for the Investigation of Bizarre and Untoward Occurrences," which is going to be a sort of Victorian science fantasy/occult/Cthuloid bundle of weirdness.

That's all I've got going on right now, besides D&D.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I'm running CyberPunk 2020 again (an RPG I've been running since the early 90's).

I also run WHFRP2 and Werewolf: the Apocalypse. My Star Frontiers game is currently on hold as we indulge in CyberPunk again.

In 2 weeks I'm running a game of Lacuna Part 1 and then a game of Don't Rest Your Head.

And once one of my players is available again, we are starting up a game of Vampire: the Requiem.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Dykstrav said:
I've played lots of games. I'm only gonna list the ones that I enjoyed enough to play or run again...

Wraith: the Oblivion (AWESOME game)

I only wish my players agreed with you. One of them loved it. I ADORE that game. But the rest of them would rather play Vampire or CyberPunk.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
HellHound said:
I only wish my players agreed with you. One of them loved it. I ADORE that game. But the rest of them would rather play Vampire or CyberPunk.
It's wonderful. A real work of genius. I'd love to play a full-on Wraith chronicle. I just got the Orpheus hardcover today through the mail - got the other five on the way. Never read it before. Looks really sweet. A bit of a departure from the Wraith game overall, but looks fine nevertheless.

Wormwood

Adventurer
In the past two years, I've played or run:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which actually ended up being Rory Gilmore the Vampire Slayer thanks to Missus Wormwood. Most GM-friendly game I've ever run, and I've stolen A LOT of its premises for my D&D campaign. Ongoing.)

D&D 3.5 (3.75 mostly. Very cinematic, lots of fun. Playing with kids, too---who are grokking the 'action movie' vibe that I'm going for. Ongoing.)

Vampire the Requiem (meh. GREAT crunch, uninspiring fluff. We ended up gutting the setting and just ran a game without clans).

Call of Cthulhu (ran "Dead Man's Stomp" one-nighter for some friends. Most fun I've ever had at a table).

All Flesh Must Be Eaten (I don't really dig 'classic' Unisystem---I prefer the 'lite' version from Buffy/Angel...but this was a very memorable game)

Remove ads