• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other games do you play?

Greylock

First Post
All I'm currently playing is Castles & Crusades. The DM and I keep talking about a sci-fi type campaign, and we've looked at Rifts, Dragonstar, and Helios Rising. I've been boning up on western themed games, but nothing is in the pipeline.

cougent

First Post
Have played:
AD&D (1E)
EarthDawn
D&D 3/3.5
Spycraft (1E I guess, the original)

Looking at:
Arcane Evolved
C&C
4E
OSRIC
and a number of the usual suspects often named above.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Rechan said:
With all the hoopla over what D&D is or isn't and what to play, I was curious what other systems folks currently play and/or currently like?
I am currently playing a modern action/horror game in GURPS Fourth Edition. We would, in fact, have played last night if two of the five players hadn't had to skip the session.

The games "on my shelf"?

• Arcana Evolved
  • Iron Heroes
  • World of Darkness
  • Vampire: The Requiem
  • Werewolf: The Forsaken
  • Mage: The Awakening
  • Promethean: The Created
  • Changeling: The Lost
  • Unknown Armies
  • Don't Rest Your Head
  • True 20 Adventure Roleplaying
  • NEMESIS
These are the games I own which I would happily play any time I had the chance.

HelloChristian

First Post
Rechan said:
Aside from D&D, I am desperately awaiting The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game to be released by Evil Hat.

I think that would be a damn fun game!

I like to play GURPS, Basic D&D and Star Frontiers. I still write about those games in my zine. I just enjoy the hell out of 'em.

coyote6

Adventurer
In the last year, I've ran D&D, Mutants & Masterminds, Shadowrun 4e (though it's been almost a year since the last session), Exalted, and Savage Worlds (a one-shot adventure).

The only playing time I've had has been at Gen Con (Indy & the last SoCal), where I played M&M, SR, Exalted, Burning Wheel, GURPS, Spycraft, Unisystem, d20 (Iron Kingdoms-flavor), Savage Worlds, and Spycraft.

Those are RPGs -- otherwise, there's been some BattleTech, Arkham Horror, lots of Munchkin, Zombies!, Risk 2210, Exalted: War for the Throne, Kill Dr. Lucky, Gears of War, WoW, and stuff I'm forgetting. :)

Dragon Snack

First Post
Currently playing/like (other than D&D 3.x):

Savage Worlds (playtesting a setting based on Alice In Wonderland, previously finished 50 Fathoms)
Star Wars SE (2 sessions in, previously my Serenity RPG group)

Will always hold a torch for:

Star Wars d6 (the longest running game my group played before D&D 3.x)
Serenity RPG (I think it portrays the 'Verse well)
GURPS (although my group hated it)

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I've played lots of games. I'm only gonna list the ones that I enjoyed enough to play or run again...

Vampire: the Masquerade
Wraith: the Oblivion (AWESOME game)
Mage: the Ascension
Star Trek (FASA or LUG version, they were both good)
Call of Cthulhu

HelloChristian

First Post
Dragon Snack said:
GURPS (although my group hated it)

Some people have a hard time making the transition to GURPS, especially from D&D. Others, though, love the change of pace. I'm with you, though, I'll always slot it way up high on my fave games list. What's not to love about a game where a heavy crossbow pointed at your head really means something?

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
HelloChristian said:
Some people have a hard time making the transition to GURPS, especially from D&D. Others, though, love the change of pace. I'm with you, though, I'll always slot it way up high on my fave games list. What's not to love about a game where a heavy crossbow pointed at your head really means something?

The fact that a heavy crossbow pointed at your head really means something? ;)

Seriously, though, my problem with GURPS is that I feel it scratches a similar gaming itch to HERO and Mutants and Masterminds, but isn't effects-based out of the box. I've only once done GURPS with the supplement that makes it effects-based (GURPS Powers, IIRC? Or am I getting that mixed up with M&M's 'Ultimate Power'?), and liked it a lot better that way.

When I go point buy, I want my points to mean nothing more than a mechanical effect I get to flavor to taste. :)

Remove ads