• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other games do you play?

SteelDraco

First Post
I'll play Deadlands or Fading Suns at any opportunity. I'm starting to give some thought to running a Werewolf game again, now that I've had a chance to look over the new Forsaken rules. In the last couple of years, I've played Deadlands, Fading Suns, GURPS, a bit of World of Darkness, some Exalted... hm. Oh, and Legend of the Five Rings. Think that's about it.

The Levitator

First Post
I've been GM'ing 3.5 for the last 4 years, but had an opportunity recently to play a little Rolemaster. It's a nice system, if a a little tedious for my tastes. I'm currently working on converting my DM Genie to run a Conan d20 campaign. My current players are really psyched to run Conan, but I've gotten very used to running games with DM Genie and I don't really want to regress back to paper and pencil to play another system. I should have my DM Genie converted in a month or so and we can start playing in Hyboria. I can't wait! :D It will be a nice chance from Forgotten Realms. :cool:

TGryph

Explorer
Running a Bi-Weekly Gurps Low Fantasy Campaign

Playing in a Bi-Weekly WFRP 2 campaign.

Occasionally run COC & C&C.

TGryph

Thanee

First Post
Currently playing Shadowrun 4th and The Dark Eye, and sometimes HERO in a homebrew sci-fi campaign based on the Deathstalker books using Renegade Legion/Interceptor for the ship tech, and another sci-fi game with a homebrew background using bits and pieces from Aliens and Command & Conquer, I think, using the World of Darkness system.

Recently played Deadlands Reloaded also.

Bye
Thanee

scourger

Explorer
Although 90% of our RPG time so far this year has been D&D, we did play some great Omega World d20. We finished an old game with an old Gamma World module, Legion of Gold. OWd20 is just a great little game.

I want to run the demo Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay Dark Heresy. I am less excited about 40KRP lately than before, but I will probably get it when released. The preview RPG art doesn't inspire me, but I've read a few 40K novels recently.

I am also interested in running Rifts Machinations of Doom. It's a neat little story in graphic novel format with a sourcebook statting up all the characters: heroes & villains. I would probably be ready to go if I had all the figures painted instead of just a couple. I may even use the wonky Rifts rules just for ease.

Savage Worlds remains interesting to me after our very successful run of Tour of Darkness, but I probably won't run it again until after I finish the D&D module I put down a few weeks ago. The brief forays above will suffice for a little short-term variety. The next time I do SW will likely be for several months. I have an old Boot Hill module to use for the Western genre. I also like Necessary Evil and am looking forward to the general release of Solomon Kane. PDF-only is the only reason I don't have Necropolis right now, and I would probably already be running it.

Karl Green

First Post
I don't play any D&D 3.5 or other editions right now. I may again, but soooo many other systems that I want to play in...

I run a Star Wars Saga game (bi-weekly) and I run a Warhammer Fantasy 2nd ed. game (bi-weekly). I am playing in a bi-weekly Shadowrun 2nd ed (modified) game and I am about ready to join another bi-weekly game using Muntants and Masterminds 2nd ed (setting TBD). So two face-to-face-games a week right now.

Online I am running a M&M2nd ed game and playing in another one here, and I am debating a GURPS Greyhawk game at another site.

The Green Adam

First Post
I don't think this website has enough bandwidth for me to list all of the non-D20 games I've played, do play or will play ;) But seriously, D&D play has decreased more and more with my group(s) over the years to the point where now (within the last year or two) we've only actually played D&D once. It was for a special occaision and we used a simplified 3.5 homebrew. Most of the time we play...

Star Trek, Role Playing Game by LUG/ICON System
Classic Traveller
Mutants & Masterminds (D20 but cooler)
Changeling:The Dreaming
Ars Magica
Star Wars, The Role Playing Game by WEG (D6)
Mekton II
Teenagers From Outer Space
Many Homebrews

And my favorite new non-D20 RPG...Faery's Tale Deluxe! I love this game! True I've modified the rules a tiny bit but essentially its untouched compared to what I do to most games :p

AD

Treebore

First Post
Currently?

L5R and C&C.

Games I like or love?

M&M 2E
Traveller (I use MT resolution/rules, but more classic in the setting)
SR4 (but I would play 2 or 3)
HARP
EPICrpg
and others.

I'm holding a sleeping baby goat born just a couple of hours ago and am tired of typing one handed.

Wombat

First Post
Recently our group ran a short campaign (four episodes) of All Flesh Must Be Eaten -- this is fun for character generation and for a session or two, but gets repetitive very quickly unless the GM is really on his toes.

Before that we ran Ars Magica for about a year -- I love this game! And if you poke around, you can still find the 4th edition of the rules free as a pdf on the Net, such as here:

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=AG0204

Our next game up is going to be an old setting of mine, New Mavarga, retooled using a variant of the 7th Sea rules -- the rules are great for swashbuckling, but I loathe the world of Theah, so this is a near-perfect match! ;)

Over 30 years of gaming, I have played under at least a dozen of rules sets -- OD&D, Metamorphosis Alpha, Empire of the Petal Throne, The Fantasty Trip, Chivalry & Sorcery, Traveller, RuneQuest, AD&D, GURPS, Champions, Harnmaster, Golden Heroes, FASA Star Trek, World of Darkness (old version, mainly Mage), Paranoia (various versions), Pendragon, Cyberpunk (and Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0), Over the Edge, Ars Magica (2nd-5th editions), D&D 3e, Burning Wheel, and the abovementioned game... I have no system loyalty and constantly look for the rules that best match the setting, rather than forcing a setting to conform to the rules at hand.

Remove ads