D&D 5E What PHB class are you most anticipating?

What class in the PHB do you want to see?

• Bard

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Barbarian

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Cleric

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 19 9.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Monk

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Paladin

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • Ranger

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Warlock

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Wizard

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Poll closed .

WitchyD

Explorer
I've a three-way tie: Cleric, Bard, Paladin. I'm really hoping that something similar to the Arcanist sub-class for the Cleric appears (perhaps the Knowledge domain?), that the Blackguard makes a reappearance, and that the Bard has a martial sub-class not unlike 13th Age's Bard or 4e's Warlord. I voted for Bard.

Vael

Legend
Sorcerer, but Druid is a close second. Those are my favourite classes, so I'll be interested in seeing how they've developed.

But in general, what I'm really curious about is the Artificer. Eberron remains my favourite campaign setting, and the 5e Artificer is going to be a challenge.

Certainly the bard. I really want to see how they design it as a complete healer class on par with both cleric and druid. Also, I'm curious about the hit dice of the monk. I'm totally expecting a d10 and would be disappointed otherwise.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I'm looking forward to all the appeared-in-a-prior-edition's PH1 classes - including the Assassin, Illusionist, and Warlord that somehow got omitted from your poll. ;P

(presumably they'll all at least be sub-classes)

Plus, psionics were in the 1e PH1, even if the psionicist or psion didn't exist yet, so a choice for that'd've been nice.

Whining aside, of the classes in the poll, Druid. The playtest Druid was evocative of the 1e Druid I enjoyed so much back in the day, so I'm anxious to see if they didn't screw that up in the final version.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I'm looking forward to all the appeared-in-a-prior-edition's PH1 classes - including the Assassin, Illusionist, and Warlord that somehow got omitted from your poll.
To be fair, this list isn't based on speculation; it's been confirmed that the PHB will have the same 11 as the 3e PHB, plus Warlock.

I went with bard, though its pretty close with warlock.

A brand new, never before seen take on the D&D bard really has me interested. We've heard more about sorcerer, and we've even seen two warlocks in action on the livestreams. But with bard...we have the announcement article, a tiny a bit of follow up, and that's pretty much all we know.

The other thing I'm most personally invested in (to make my own personal iconic character) is how the eldritch knight subclass works.

And I would be delighted if they gave us a green knight subclass again. The flavor was downright awesome.

dangerous jack

First Post
Really keen to see the new take on the Assassin. (so Rogue, I suppose)

Other than that, how the differences between Sorcerer/Warlock/Wizard are presented.

Remove ads