D&D General What "Rating" Do You Prefer Your D&D

What Rating Do You Prefer Your D&D

• G: little to no adult content; "family friendly" (Nicktoons)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • PG: some action violence and a few naughty words; no sex (Pixar films)

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • PG-13: harder violence and stronger language; sexual situations; some adult themes (MCU/Star Wars)

Votes: 87 69.6%
  • R: potential violence, gore and sex, and/or heavy adult subject matter (HBO Game of Thrones)

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • X: intentionally violent, horrific, adult and/or sexual (most M video games)

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • You missed my favorite levels of sex and violence!

Votes: 4 3.2%

It’s best when it varies from line to line and author to author but for me a bit of that 70s and early 80s gore and grime fits well. It should be like any other medium in my opinion. I think it does lose something though when they short for friendly but other than that pg-13 and beyond fits it best

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'm a big fan of both violence and sex in my games...but not the mix of them! Oh, and I try to be mature about it, staying as far as possible from puerile stuff ala Lamentation of the Flame Princess and the like.
My vote would put me somewhere between a French PG13 and an American M rating.

Fifinjir

Explorer
About the PG-13 to R range as the default. Below that I’ll probably need an interesting premise to keep me engaged and above that there has to be a real point to including that sort of content beyond gratuitousness’ sake or “my realisms.”

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
IMO, R is almost always gratuitous. We fade to black, and we don’t get over descriptive with our violence.

Language isn’t a worry for us tho, other than not saying prejudiced stuff or anything like that. But swearing? None of us have kids or plan on having kids, so why bother.

Zardnaar

Legend
IMO, R is almost always gratuitous. We fade to black, and we don’t get over descriptive with our violence.

Language isn’t a worry for us tho, other than not saying prejudiced stuff or anything like that. But swearing? None of us have kids or plan on having kids, so why bother.

People also think kids are made of candy floss or something.

We started swearing age 8 or so they're even worse now. Might hide it from the adults but we knew at very young age what the swear words meant for the most part.

Remove ads