D&D General What "Rating" Do You Prefer Your D&D

What Rating Do You Prefer Your D&D

• G: little to no adult content; "family friendly" (Nicktoons)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • PG: some action violence and a few naughty words; no sex (Pixar films)

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • PG-13: harder violence and stronger language; sexual situations; some adult themes (MCU/Star Wars)

Votes: 87 69.6%
  • R: potential violence, gore and sex, and/or heavy adult subject matter (HBO Game of Thrones)

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • X: intentionally violent, horrific, adult and/or sexual (most M video games)

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • You missed my favorite levels of sex and violence!

Votes: 4 3.2%

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
People also think kids are made of candy floss or something.

We started swearing age 8 or so they're even worse now. Might hide it from the adults but we knew at very young age what the swear words meant for the most part.
Oh for sure. Any avoidance of cursing is done to avoid hearing about it from my siblings and parents.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
In the games I want to either run or play, violence is the only usual qualifier, and while combat is certainly a very regular feature, it is not narrated or detailed in a way that I think pushes it anywhere beyond PG13 at most, considering that covers Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, etc. The extent of any sexuality is flirting, and then walking off stage with a wink. Even language tends to be incidental / out of character stuff more so than anything in game. Serious / edgy / dark thematic stuff just isn't what I'm personally looking to actively engage in.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Like he's ever putting out another book for ASoFaI ever again. :p
Each book got a bit worse than the one before it. I'm at the point I'm good if the next doesn't even come out. I did very much like the ride to this point though,

Parmandur

Book-Friend
IMO, R is almost always gratuitous. We fade to black, and we don’t get over descriptive with our violence.

Language isn’t a worry for us tho, other than not saying prejudiced stuff or anything like that. But swearing? None of us have kids or plan on having kids, so why bother.
The most gratuitous and immature thing I've ever witneeat a TTRPG session is someone trying to insert that sort of "adult" material against the wishes of the other players. "Adult" lol.

MCU or Star Wars levels are fine for my groups, historically.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Not sure why, likely because its the only accent I can knock out of the park, but many of my games go in a Fargo direction.
frances mcdormand fargo GIF

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
My games are split three ways:

R: For action and violence. Gladiator/Braveheart levels.

PG13: For general language and themes. Any "Adult" fare is hinted at; not explicitly described.

Fade to Black: For the sexytime.
This sounds largely how my friends and I play the game.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Pretty solid PG-13 (except for language) when I'm running, though I will lean into some "soft R" territory based on what players choose to pay attention to.

I'm capable of diving deep into Robocop and Hellraiser territory if I'm 100% certain that 100% of my players are 100% down for it, but if I'm being honest it's just not my preferred mode of play.

Remove ads