What RPG do you most regret parting with?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have a strict "don't even ask policy because no one is borrowing any of my books ever again". I lent someone a copy of the Ravenloft novel "Vampires of the Mist". When I asked him for it back, he had lent it to someone else...I never saw it again. As strange as it sounds, I almost think that's worse than just having stolen it.
Yeah, a friend of a friend said he'd be happy to paint an old Citadel lead mini of a jester for me. A month later, he insisted he didn't remember the conversation at all and had no idea where the mini was.

I don't even use miniatures nowadays, and it still sticks in my craw.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
In a related note, My original copy of TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL was so used and beat to hell by the time the early aughts rolled around that it was falling apart. Luckily I was able to secure a replacement copy on ebay just before the prices shot up for some reason. So I didn't voluntarily get rid of it but it was one of the few books (next to MEKTON II) that just fell apart from usage.
Early Oughts, it got a fairly high profile CRPG adaptation for the 3.0 (point five, maybe?) rules.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Early Oughts, it got a fairly high profile CRPG adaptation for the 3.0 (point five, maybe?) rules.
Alternately, one could get the Goodman Games OAR Temple of Elemental Evil two-book slipcase edition. It reprints every version of T1 and T1-4 and adds a new 5E conversion of each of them. It's pricy, but is absolutely the most deluxe version of the module.

R_J_K75

Legend
Yeah, a friend of a friend said he'd be happy to paint an old Citadel lead mini of a jester for me. A month later, he insisted he didn't remember the conversation at all and had no idea where the mini was.

I don't even use miniatures nowadays, and it still sticks in my craw.
I bet I'd be mad too. My faith in humanity is quickly depleting.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Alternately, one could get the Goodman Games OAR Temple of Elemental Evil two-book slipcase edition. It reprints every version of T1 and T1-4 and adds a new 5E conversion of each of them. It's pricy, but is absolutely the most deluxe version of the module.
I wasn't proposing it as an alternative. It's my best theory for why the original might have seen a surge of interest.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I actually have that slipcase set. Even thought i never intend on running 5e it’s great to have the original version in that particular version for archival purposes. It’s a very well done product.

opacitizen

Explorer
My AD&D 2nd edition Menzoberranzan boxed set. Weirdly enough I'm not a huge fan of Drizzt (read about 3 books of the series only), nor was the box especially great, yet I miss it for some strange nostalgic reason. (Sold it because I needed the money ages ago.)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I remembered another one. I had a complete run of Ralph Bakshi's Wizards RPG. I loaned the whole box to a friend of a friend, who now doesn't recall ever borrowing it... It would enormously expensive to replace!

Last edited:

Remove ads