D&D (2024) What Should 1D&D Resurrect? +

Clint_L

Hero
Greyhawk, building off of the Ghosts of Saltmarsh tineline reboot.
THIS! If we don't get a 50th anniversary Greyhawk setting, I am going to be seriously annoyed. And I want the Blackmoor adventure book to go with it! And I want them done up with forewords that explain their significance and give Arneson and Gygax their full due, as well as the other folks from those early campaigns. And I want the merchandise to go with them - a line of miniatures, a giant map, a coffee mug, all the bells and whistles. I want to be able to buy Greyhawk underoos.

Bringing back full campaign settings, and then customizing the fool out of them so that classes, skills, and magic reflect what make them unique (like "Tales of the Lance" boxed set had Mariner and Tinker, and the Birthright setting had "Magician" and "Guilder"). Don't just simply bolt on subclasses. Make it unique!

Frankie1969

Adventurer
Being 4e
Skill points
... you're making incompatible requests back to back? o_O

My requests:
  • Warlord.
  • some Int-based mostly-non-caster class (Factotum or perhaps ... Warlord?)
  • Psionic classes (if they're already bringing back Primal, complete the set): Monk, Psion, maybe others.
  • mass combat rules, if it's possible to do them right (I have doubts).
  • more Defender-style tactical combat features.
  • more effects that use Hit Dice.
I oppose a lot of the other requests in this thread as being too fiddly. However, if they also create an explicit keyword for "fiddly optional rules not to be used in standardized play", then yes make a splatbook for that and obviously the name would be "Advanced D&D".

Bringing back full campaign settings, and then customizing the fool out of them so that classes, skills, and magic reflect what make them unique (like "Tales of the Lance" boxed set had Mariner and Tinker, and the Birthright setting had "Magician" and "Guilder"). Don't just simply bolt on subclasses. Make it unique!

Yes a proper Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book that is full sized a and detailed,not an snack like the SCAG or Spelljammer Slipcase.

Remove ads