• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What to buy!

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Something more modern and definately more realistic? The End by tyrrany games. It's about as modern as modern can get and the story line and plot is bar none solid.

fantasy? get bluffside...what more yo uneed?

Last edited:

JohnNephew

First Post
Just to be a shameless shill for a moment --

Check out OCCULT LORE ($29.95), a meaty 240-page hardcover of magical goodness that is just starting to show up on the shelves of stores all over.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
JohnNephew said:
Just to be a shameless shill for a moment --

Check out OCCULT LORE ($29.95), a meaty 240-page hardcover of magical goodness that is just starting to show up on the shelves of stores all over.

linky?

Crothian

First Post
I just picked up a little gem on Firday: Fey Magic by Mongoose. This book goes into great detail in using Fey in your game. It even encludes rules for PCs to get a patron Fey and has some really cool Prestige classes, feats, and skills. This is the way I like to see that stuff done. They apply to the Fey and fit perfectly in this book. It doesn't read like they are add ons or anything like that.

Napftor

Explorer
It really does depend what your in the mood for (another setting, magic specific book, class books, etc.). If your looking for something for YOU, I must second Holy Bovine's suggestion for Relics and Rituals.

BadMojo

First Post
Napftor said:
It really does depend what your in the mood for (another setting, magic specific book, class books, etc.). If your looking for something for YOU, I must second Holy Bovine's suggestion for Relics and Rituals.

Relics & Rituals is a very popular and consistently well-reviewed book - always a good choice.

Having said that, you might want to check out the book John Nephew just shamelessly plugged. ;)

Atlas produces some very nice D20 products in their Penumbra line, and "Occult Lore" looks like it's going to offer quite a few new and interesting types of magic to use in your campaign.

"Occult Lore" is going to cover Rational Magic, Oneiromancy (dream magic), Herbalism, Sympathetic Magic, Astrology, Alchemy, and a few other types of magic.

Numion

First Post
Wait for a while and then get The Epic Level Handbook. Even if you're not currently intrested in epic levels, you'll at least have the complete game before WotC goes bust. (Just kidding about WotC, but still, it'll be the bestest book EVAR!) ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
[Personal note, YES I CAN FINALLY POST!!!]

Anyway, R&R is certainly one choice. If you're looking to improve your arcane spell casting as well as divine choices, this is a good book. Another is Green Ronin's Arcana series. Secret School of Necromancy gives you some good options on how to improve your necromancer, arcane wise anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads