• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What To Do With Racial ASIs?

What would you like to see done with racial trait ASIs?

• Leave them alone! It makes the races more distinctive.

Votes: 81 47.4%
  • Make them floating +2 and +1 where you want them.

Votes: 33 19.3%
  • Move them to class and/or background instead.

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Just get rid of them and boost point buy and the standard array.

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Remove them and forget them, they just aren't needed.

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Got another idea? Share it!

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Ok, I said leave them alone, darn it! (second vote)

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • No, make them floating (second vote).

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Come on, just move them the class and/or backgrounds (second vote).

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Aw, just bump stuff so we don't need them (second vote).

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Or, just remove them and don't worry about it (second vote).

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • But I said I have another idea to share! (second vote).

Votes: 4 2.3%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Sure. Way more than 4% of 1-3 PCs are Human:

That data supports my claim. Most people use feats once they hit a high enough level. The only reason feats have an overall lower percent on d&d beyond is because low level characters make up a huge portion of all the characters on the platform. Low level characters don’t take feats very often. That’s something anyone in enworld could have told you.

FrogReaver

There is a thing I like to tell people in situations like these, that relates to the nature of the internet, and especially debates on the internet.

You’re in a library. Right now, while you are reading this. I know that, because you have to enter the library in order to read this. What you are asking for is for a person who has said, “There is a book by wotc that states that a minority of players take feats”, is for them to go find and retrieve that book for you.

No. You’re in a library. You know how to use the reference cards. You have the necessary terms with which to use the reference cards to find the book. Go get the book at read it yourself.

That’s a lot like asking someone to look through the haystack for a needle after you’ve already found the needle.

FrogReaver

The biggest problem with data and charts and graphs is that most people suck at interpreting data and charts and graphs.

You’ve got to maintain a keen sense of awareness fir exactly what the data represents and how that might be different from how people traditionally talk on the subject.

D&D beyond measures characters at a snapshot in time. When we normally have discussions about popularity it’s over the whole arc of a characters career - because thats what actually shows whether feats are popular among players.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The biggest problem with data and charts and graphs is that most people suck at interpreting data and charts and graphs.

You’ve got to maintain a keen sense of awareness fir exactly what the data represents and how that might be different from how people traditionally talk on the subject.

D&D beyond measures characters at a snapshot in time. When we normally have discussions about popularity it’s over the whole arc of a characters career - because thats what actually shows whether feats are popular among players.
Yep. It's pretty clear that most people put their 1st ASI into stats, about half move to a feat at their second ASI, and 58% by their third. And it's probably even higher than that. That arc was for characters and a person might go with more ASI's for one character class and into feats for another. For instance I'm much more likely to start grabbing feats on a fighter or wizard, than on a rogue.

FrogReaver

Yep. It's pretty clear that most people put their 1st ASI into stats, about half move to a feat at their second ASI, and 58% by their third. And it's probably even higher than that. That arc was for characters and a person might go with more ASI's for one character class and into feats for another. For instance I'm much more likely to start grabbing feats on a fighter or wizard, than on a rogue.

Yep. That you might never take a feat on a particular character doesn’t mean you won’t use them on a different. Many characters to 1 player (or account in this case). I’d be interested to see the per account data. How many accounts have a character that uses feats?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That data supports my claim. Most people use feats once they hit a high enough level. The only reason feats have an overall lower percent on d&d beyond is because low level characters make up a huge portion of all the characters on the platform. Low level characters don’t take feats very often. That’s something anyone in enworld could have told you.

The two minorities, people who use Feats and people who play past level 10, do overlap, yes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads