• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was the best moment of Gen Con for you?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Denise, I interact with lots of children in my line of work, but yours are among the most intelligent, charming and entertaining that it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

I can only imagine how proud you must be of them. Hurray for the Gelflings!

Iceman

First Post
Piratecat said:
Vic's an old friend, and one of the best GMs I know. You were really lucky to get him! This game sounded like a blast.

Wow! I've got groupies. *blush*
(( And Kevin, I miss GMing games alongside, or in competetion with, you. :) ))

Seriously, though, that game with Mike and crew was a highlight for me too - something all of us had been looking forward to even before the con.

Other highlights for me -
Trying to hang out with JD Wiker (and getting to really meet Stan! and Marc), but failing every time. That might sound negative, but it was a real compliment that JD was honestly upset that our schedules missed each other this year.

Meeting Virgina Hey (of Farscape) and having her gush about how cool my John Crichton coat was (my wife made it, modelled after the one he wears in the show).

Running a Star Wars game in which one character earned both a Force-Point and a Dark-Side-Point in one action.
Think, wonderfully heroic, self-sacrificial act ... of making a deal with the devil.
That group roleplayed to the nines. They were great.

-VIC

JesterPoet

First Post
Two things that come to mind:

Meeting Xath, The Universe, Archon, and Queen D and playing a fun game of Midnight with them (though I am sorry that they didn't end up playing the storyline they really wanted to).

Playing Survivor: Zombie Island at 11:00pm-4:00am on Saturday night. What a game. I can see why the guy's been doing it for 5 years. I'll definitely do it again next year.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Buttercup said:
Denise, I interact with lots of children in my line of work, but yours are among the most intelligent, charming and entertaining that it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

I can only imagine how proud you must be of them. Hurray for the Gelflings!

Thanks, Buttercup, and thank you everyone else who has voiced similar sentiments. It means a lot to me- especially since I put career and post-secondary education on hold to raise the kids, it feels nice to know that other people think we've done a good job. Guess I got my priorities straight!

#1 moment-standing on the ENnies stage with the other judges, getting a round of applause from the designers and people that I have up looked to for years. You have no idea how good that felt!

And in no particular order:

2. Dinner at Bupo de whatever... the italian restaurant that 10 of us went to before the ENnies. You guys are the coolest, and to think you let me tag along with you. Thanks!;)

3. Last year, but still one of my favorite Gen Con moments. Walking into the dealers room, heading to the back corner to the EN Pub booth, and finally getting to say hello to people that I knew online.

4. Meeting the other ENnies judges at the booth and saying "We made it"

5. Playing in a game with Buttercup and Truth Seeker. Small, but a great time. Next year, same time, same place?

6. Meeting so many ENWorlders for the first time, or meeting them again-Hellhound, Teflon Billy, Dextra, the Gelflings, Truth Seeker, Hand of Evil, Psion, Crothian, JoeGKushner, Jaldaen, SpoonyBard, Jester47, Buttercup, MEGHal, Mark, JGBrowning, Suzi Yee, and many more. Sorry if I forgot you in the list, there were so many people to say hello to, and no where near enough time to hang with everyone.

Buzzardo

First Post
Absolutely no doubt about it. The Nascrag D&D tournament. It was the most fun I have had playing D&D in years. Awesome fun. They do it every year, and I wholeheartedly recommend it. their site is www.nascrag.com

Pramas

Explorer
I'm afraid I'm going to be terribly obvious: winning the Best Publisher ENnie. It's already cool to be part of a community as great as EN World. To get the accolades of that community, well, that's more gratifying than I can express. Thanks, everyone. You guys rock. I'm going to remember that moment for a very long time.

Getting to play with some of the best and brightest gamers in the world! It was non-stop all week. Wish I could have met more ENworlders. I did bump into Psion in the hall and got to shake his hand. He's just like his online persona but wearing a badge. ;)

Congrats to all the ENnies winners by the way! It was a great year for gaming, wasn't it?

Xath

Moder-gator
JesterPoet said:
Meeting Xath, The Universe, Archon, and Queen D and playing a fun game of Midnight with them (though I am sorry that they didn't end up playing the storyline they really wanted to).

It was great meeting you too, JesterPoet. I had alot of fun in that game. :)

Best moment of GenCon?

It may sound a little corny, but it's true: the best moment for me was each and every time someone came up to me to shake my hand, introduce themselves and tell me about the fun they had with one of my products or something like that. It means the world to me that people get a kick out of something I've written, and that they would take the time during a busy convention like GenCon to hunt me down (not always easy) and tell me about it. That's really cool.

To everyone who did, it was great meeting you and talking with you, even if just for a moment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads