What will be your next campaign?

That's still under debate - personally, I would love to play either a darkish fantasy campaign with Forbidden Lands or folklore-fantasy with Beyond the Wall. However, one of my player's is really enamoured with the Cyberpunk campaign I am currently running using The Sprawl, and is generally quite tired of playing in fantasy worlds.

Also, as mentioned in the thread about DMing, I will probably switch back to being a player, so the final call will be with whoever picks up the DM role next.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Next thing I will be running will most likely be The Troubleshooters. Have ideas for a number of adventures, but need to write them down as well. I will wait though until I have physical books in my hand (even though I technically could use the pre-layout stuff that I helped proofread)

2 Problems:
  • I am bad ad writing stuff down, and plan long-term for campaigns
  • My gaming group already has a number of campaign goina on. ATM the active ones are Vampire: Masquerade 5e and D&D 5e (Out of the Abyss). Then we have a number of campaigns on temporary hold. Such as Scion 2e, Mage: the Awakening 2e, Drakar och Demoner Trudvagn (with GURPS-rules), Daring Comics RPG, and a campaign in Star Trek adventures (this one has been a filler-thing when not all players have been present).

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
My group just broke up a week ago. Im taking three of those players and starting a new 5E D&D game. Were doing a session zero this Wednesday. I havent decided if I want to set it in FR, Eberron or something generic. Setting doesnt matter to me as much as having the players create a cohesive party with a common objective.

I'm writing a 5E setting book for ZEITGEIST: World of Revolution, and I'm hoping I can at least run the intro adventure for my local gaming group. This is set twenty years after the adventure path ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution, which for those who haven't heard about it was published by E.N. Publishing (EN World's affiliated publishing company). It took place during a fantasy industrial revolution, where your characters were a group of constables investigating a sprawling conspiracy.

One of the core components of the setting is that conflicts are often driven by clashes of ideology, rather than simple alignment saying we're good and you're bad. So the intro adventure is set up in a Casablanca-style city with a lot of groups operating at cross purposes, and while there are some clear bad guys, your choices can change the future of the city.

Moreover, I'm trying to have the first adventure be open to four different play styles, so you could use it as a launching point for a variety of campaigns. It all starts with a murder of someone who had their fingers in lots of different pots.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
My next campaign might be sooner than I'd anticipated. I ... might have blown up a campaign this afternoon, by asking a question that revealed a structural flaw in the Adventure Path we were riding. The GM there mentioned having me DM 5E instead of either of the other two people who have GMed in that group. Is that a bus I see before me?

Oops.

ccs

41st lv DM
My next campaign might be sooner than I'd anticipated. I ... might have blown up a campaign this afternoon, by asking a question that revealed a structural flaw in the Adventure Path we were riding. The GM there mentioned having me DM 5E instead of either of the other two people who have GMed in that group. Is that a bus I see before me?

Oops.

What AP were you playing?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I don't know, and that is very exciting!

Tomorrow (meaning, Tuesday the 18th), I will be running a session in which the PCs are very apt to be given a choice... that could end the campaign. Or reshape it. Or, allow it to continue with a somewhat changed mission statement. The BBEG is going to give them a choice - if they give him what he wants, he can and will make their fondest wishes come true and he will go away and stop trying to start a war. However, this may rewrite the timeline.

If the campaign ends, we will choose a new campaign. Probably an entirely new system. It'll call for some conversation with the players, and then some time for me to build stuff before the new campaign starts. One of the players has noted that the'd love to run a short arc in another system that would work to fill the time when I'm building stuff.

If the campaign is reshaped (basically, they could rewrite the entire game timeline and start again in an alternate universe), I'd still need some time for creation of the new timeline...

Or, the PCs could reject the end, but they'd then likely take on a new mission statement of finding some other way to deal with the BBEG and all he's trying to do.

It is super-exciting not knowing what is going to happen!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Right now I'm running a FR game and an Eberron game, and playing in a homebrew game. I miss running homebrew. I also have a game on hold that was set in an alt history version of Earth's 1630's, at an international academy in Cardiff, the capital of the Druidic Parliamentary Monarchy of the Brythonic Empire, which is ruled by the Shadar-kai descendants of Mordred and The Morrigan. In the first session, they were initiated into the school, met the Red Dragon of Wales, and were almost tricked into freeing the White Dragon, who is imprisoned under the Academy. They also formed a team for the school's most popular sport adepel or "bel", which is a kind of football that is played on platforms or rooftops, and allows for some magic as part of play, and is essentially gish training parkour rugby.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
My next creation will be <snip>
What are you working on?
I'm outlining a new campaign setting. It's a thematic mashup between Hollow Earth sci-fi and The Arabian Nights with some Eberron touches and hints of Glen Cook's novels. Very Weird Fiction overall. Ideally, it will be available in both OSR and 5e versions when I'm done with it.

In the meantime, I just swapped the game I run with my 6yo from Basic Fantasy RPG to RC D&D (with a handful of modern refinements), and it's going really well. Our characters are 7th level if you're keeping score.

Things I never cared much about myself back in the day - like the significance of Name Level - are HUGE deals to the kid I love it.

Remove ads