What will be your next campaign?

Aldarc

Legend
I don't know. I am running a 5e D&D solo campaign for my boyfriend who wanted to try D&D: i.e., the Sunless Citadel but set in Nentir Vale. After that? Who knows. I have several campaign ideas on the back-burner depending on the mood that my players are in, but these will likely depend on the system that the players select.

Dresden Files Accelerated (Fate): set in 19th century Vienna (Austrian Empire) before the 1848 Revolutions erupted across Europe, focusing on a paranormal-investigation society.

Numenera: I would like to run my next game in Numenera using the Numenera 2 Kickstarter town of Ellomyr as the main home base for players, possibly as a West Marches style game, which the players would build-up through exploration, discovery, and procuring artifacts from the surrounding territory.

Dungeon World: As I have talked about it often enough, several players expressed interest in DW. However, I'm not sure just yet what sort of campaign world that I would run. Possibly either as a Dawnforge setting or an High Seas/Earthsea/Pirates of Dark Water setting.

Gwaihir

Explorer
Ive long wanted to run something like this, now that weve got multiple DMs in our group I'm much more comfortable with taking on the work load this will entail

Set in 1936-38 an elite team sallies forth from Vatican City to keep magical objects out of the hands of the Third Reich. However the search is complicated/influenced by an alternate magical reality encroaching on this reality.

PCs will run both the Pulp Style/era characters and in alternating sessions the D&D 5E characters.
Lots of details to work through on this as I want the sessions to impact each other

Its inspired by: Katherine Kurtz' Knights of the Blood, where Old Vampires mix with Nazis; Stephen Lawhead's Celtic Campaigns series where Christian Relics are recovered, Indiana Jones, and I guess the Librarian movies.

G

The post-apoc Degenesis setting using a third-party conversion of the 5e rules (mainly the removal of spells and magic, and the addition of firearms). Should start in about ten sessions, and I am very much looking forward to it. It is the first interesting setting I have seen in a long time.

Stormonu

Legend
I’m contemplating either a WEG D6 Star Wars campaign or 5E Eberron campaign. It’s several months - if not a year or more - out, so I have plenty of time to contemplate where to go.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I don't really have much of a plot thought up yet, but next time I run HARP I want all the PCs to be off the "peasant" professions. Something just happened to your village. Not yesterday. Not even last night. At most 20 minutes ago. What are you going to do about it?

atanakar

Hero
I don't really have much of a plot thought up yet, but next time I run HARP I want all the PCs to be off the "peasant" professions. Something just happened to your village. Not yesterday. Not even last night. At most 20 minutes ago. What are you going to do about it?

That is cool. I once started a campaign in the middle of the night. Characters (level 0) were sleeping in their familly's homes. A band of orc is attacking your farms. What do you do? Bring the adventure to the characters!

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
That is cool. I once started a campaign in the middle of the night. Characters (level 0) were sleeping in their familly's homes. A band of orc is attacking your farms. What do you do? Bring the adventure to the characters!

This is pretty much how I always start campaigns. Not so much the band of orcs, but the "something is happening, right now" thing. Literally--start of the first session, draw a map and have the players put their characters on it. A little scene-setting, then [stuff] hits the fan.

Last edited:

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
The PCs will be 1st level as HARP doesn’t have the concept of 0th level. In Media Res can be a great way to start an adventure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases