D&D General What would A Senior Baron that has 2 illegitimate sons that he's never acknowledged and often bad mouthed do when he learns what they've achieved?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Yet another Dnd Dream last night again yet again I have a question about it

So A Senior Baron has 2 illegitimate son that he's never acknowledged, never supported, for many years he often bad mouthed both his sons them and both the mothers and willingly let their mothers die even though he could have easily saved them and as far as he knows the worst bit is that a recent illness means that he's no longer able to kids

Bearing that in mind what would he do when he learns that the older of the 1 has earned himself the title of minor Earl and is now his immediate liege and the younger of the 2 will soon marry the countries future queen?

I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, I mean for almost all of theirs lives he never acknowledged them, never supported, has often bad mouthed them and their mothers and willingly let their mothers die even though he could have easily saved them and now the older of the 2 is his immediate liege and the younger of the 2 will soon be a prince by marriage and will 1 day be the countries king by marriage

It gets even better with the icing on the cake as the saying goes and icing on the cake is that as a result of a recent illness means that he is no longer able to kids. Oh this will be fun, for his long neglected illegitimate sons, oh revenge will be sweet, as will be so-called justice

GuyBoy

Hero
The senior baron sounds like an arrogant, somewhat inadequate, unpleasant idiot: Perhaps he should get a job with NuTSR ....or perhaps he already has!

JMISBEST

Explorer
The senior baron sounds like an arrogant, somewhat inadequate, unpleasant idiot: Perhaps he should get a job with NuTSR ....or perhaps he already has
What's NuTSR?, I've never heard of them

Also a thought about his new liege being 1 of his 2 illegitimate sons that he's never acknowledged, never supported, for many years he often bad mouthed both his sons and both of their mothers, 1 each, and willingly let both of the their mothers die even though he could have easily saved both of them

My thought is that despite all the horrible things he has previously done to his new liege those things were done before the guy was elevated to both a member of the nobility and his father/the Barons new liege

But what I don't know is can his new liege punish his vassal/his father, for things his vassal/his father, did before he was promoted to the new liege of A Vassal Baron/his dad, and if he does get revenge what do you suggest he could do?

Also even if he can't get revenge on his new Vassal Baron/his dad, his younger half brother will definitely be able to when he becomes King by marriage and its possible that he will be able to get revenge when he becomes A Prince by marriage and if his younger half brother does get revenge what do you suggest he could do?

It gets even better with the icing on the cake as the saying goes and icing on the cake is that as a result of a recent illness means that he is no longer able to kids. Oh this will be fun, for his long neglected illegitimate sons, oh revenge will be sweet, as will be so-called justice
I don't think that is quite the saying.

Maybe he should just be proud of his kids that did well in spite of him. Also this seems less a D&D dream and more an overly complex Feudalism Simulator Dream.

JMISBEST

Explorer
I don't think that is quite the saying.

Maybe he should just be proud of his kids that did well in spite of him. Also this seems less a D&D dream and more an overly complex Feudalism Simulator Dream.
Theirs no doubt he'll be proud and don't you mean very proud that his kids did very well in spite of him?, after all the older has earned himself a title a lot higher then his fathers/The Barons, and the other will soon be a prince by marriage and will 1 day be a king by marriage

Even better, for The Baron who doesn't deserve such a honor, this means that as nasty as this guy is if he lives long enough he will 1 day see 1 of his grandchild be a king or queen

It likely goes without saying that that's despite the fact that even if he lives long enough he will not be acknowledged as the king or queens grandfather

Inukai

Explorer
Also a thought about his new liege being 1 of his 2 illegitimate sons that he's never acknowledged, never supported, for many years he often bad mouthed both his sons and both of their mothers, 1 each, and willingly let both of the their mothers die even though he could have easily saved both of them

My thought is that despite all the horrible things he has previously done to his new liege those things were done before the guy was elevated to both a member of the nobility and his father/the Barons new liege

But what I don't know is can his new liege punish his vassal/his father, for things his vassal/his father, did before he was promoted to the new liege of A Vassal Baron/his dad, and if he does get revenge what do you suggest he could do?

Also even if he can't get revenge on his new Vassal Baron/his dad, his younger half brother will definitely be able to when he becomes King by marriage and its possible that he will be able to get revenge when he becomes A Prince by marriage and if his younger half brother does get revenge what do you suggest he could do?
I think it would be safe to say that one (or both) of his sons will strip him of his title and lands as soon as they're able. If he's lucky they won't have him killed outright or manufacture a treason charge against him. He'd be lucky to not die a pauper in a prison.....

ilgatto

How inconvenient
Yet another Dnd Dream last night again yet again I have a question about it

So A Senior Baron has 2 illegitimate son that he's never acknowledged, never supported, for many years he often bad mouthed both his sons them and both the mothers and willingly let their mothers die even though he could have easily saved them and as far as he knows the worst bit is that a recent illness means that he's no longer able to kids

Bearing that in mind what would he do when he learns that the older of the 1 has earned himself the title of minor Earl and is now his immediate liege and the younger of the 2 will soon marry the countries future queen?

I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, I mean for almost all of theirs lives he never acknowledged them, never supported, has often bad mouthed them and their mothers and willingly let their mothers die even though he could have easily saved them and now the older of the 2 is his immediate liege and the younger of the 2 will soon be a prince by marriage and will 1 day be the countries king by marriage

As far as I can see, it seems that you guys have immersed yourselves in a game that uses at least two rather comprehensive tables that nonetheless do not seem to include any data on who the people in them actually are - as opposed to what they are.
Perhaps answering the questions that seem to arise from your dreams can be made easier by adding exactly that to your tables? I would point you to pages 237-238 in the AD&D 1st Edition Dungeon Masters Guide (Personae of Non-Player Characters), as well as to the tables on pages 108-109 of the AD&D 2nd Edition Complete Bard's Handbook (Table 28: Bard Traits).

aco175

Legend
1675774604722.png

I think it would be safe to say that one (or both) of his sons will strip him of his title and lands as soon as they're able. If he's lucky they won't have him killed outright or manufacture a treason charge against him. He'd be lucky to not die a pauper in a prison.....
Maybe, but it all depends on their personalities and goals.

Maybe they don’t care their mom’s sperm donor, who was never in their lives anyway?

Maybe he cheers them on and acknowledges them, and they accept it?

Really could anything an author could do as the DM setting up the scenario.

Maybe it’s fun and interesting to take the “obvious“ and have the opposite happen? Or one side try to be good and the other evil, one brother go one way and the other the other way?

Couldn’t go wrong with watching or reading some good fiction to get ideas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases