TSR Whatever Happened To TSR's Michael?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Really> Great awards, huh?

Let's see,,,,

1. Hasbro makes a lot of toys. A LOT OF TOYS. Where are those toys made? What are the working conditions in those places? Yes, those Are rhetorical questions, and if you don't already know the answer, I wouldn't suggest googling it- it's not great for the "ethical awards." :)

2. Lawsuits? Well, to begin with, there is the pretty well-known issue of Hasbro's executives dumping their stock while not fully divulging the company's financial position. But that's par for the course.* Given the issue at hand (C&D letters) it is hardly surprising that Hasbro is well-known for protecting their IP. And that's before getting to the thorny issue of how Hasbro (like many other companies, such as Marvel/DIsney) has used variations of the work for hire doctrine to ensure that creatives do not receive recompense for their labor.

3. Hasbro is well-known for poor compensation ... assuming you are in a division that bothers hiring its creatives.

Again, I truly appreciate that Hasbro does things - from keeping D&D around, to making games more inclusive, to not gendering the folk in, um, the greater Potato Head Extended Universe (movie soon!). But being a truly good corporate citizen should require more than the bare minimum of making your products inclusive- it should require paying employees good wages, not using sweatshop labor ... you know, stuff like that.

YMMV,

*I mean, what company's executives don't benefit to the detriment of the shareholders? To do otherwise would be ... un-American!
Really neither here nor there, but WotC does print in the U.S, one of the reasons their books cost more than many smaller companies. You can Google Hasbro and ethic watch, and while they are not angels, they do have an earned reputation.

In a vague attempt to keep this on topic, however, OG TSR wasn't about to win any awards for ethical behavior, it was more of a tawdry soap opera. Some good work came out of the train wreck, but it's certainly not a name that screams professionalism or integrity. Probably not a brand name worth attempting to salvage, let alone whatever this display turned out to be.

Edited.to add: sorry @Umbran

TSR-Hobbies

Explorer
Hi Everyone,

Nothing happened to me, I've just been busy. I'm not on Twitter except for our official account for announcements only.

:)
Michael K. H.
CCO
TSR
TSR 300.png

Last edited:

Remove ads