• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's going on?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Seeten said:
Omedetou? No idea what one that was. Then again, I've only really played 3(5), Earth and Beyond, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft. WoW does really remind me of D&D, to be truthful. Especially my rogue, with sneaking and detecting/disarming traps, sneak attacking...well there is a tangent for you.
So, when you say 3(5), is that a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference or what? As for me, I played in MMOs with Japanese people (they're very nice compared to American players :p), so that's why they used 'Omedetou,' Japanese for 'Congratulations.'

Seeten

First Post
*laugh* No, I mean 3 and I also tried Anarchy Online and Dark Age of Camelot, but only for a week, and 3 days, respectively. In MMO's with Americans(I am not, of course, American myself) everyone says grats, congrats, or yay!(or w00t! if they are too leet) when you "ding". Heh.

I play a Sword and Shield Undead Warrior in World of Warcraft. He's cool.

How are you liking the PbP GM'ing?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Umm...I guess a Ronin or a Bounty Hunter could be used to make a "Man With No Name" although they don't have Bardic Knowledge.

Well, maybe a Fighter/Rogue type, as in full BAB and great skills: 8 + Int a level and a nice skill set, could do it.

It probably doesn't matter, as the concept would be rather high level anyhow... :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Seeten said:
*laugh* No, I mean 3 and I also tried Anarchy Online and Dark Age of Camelot, but only for a week, and 3 days, respectively. In MMO's with Americans(I am not, of course, American myself) everyone says grats, congrats, or yay!(or w00t! if they are too leet) when you "ding". Heh.

I play a Sword and Shield Undead Warrior in World of Warcraft. He's cool.

How are you liking the PbP GM'ing?
Hmm...Well to be honest, I had this bad impression that in PbP, the best you could expect was maybe 1 post per player per day, and that combat takes a week if you are lucky and have dedicated players. I turned out to be pleasantly surprised, managing to finish a 2v2 PbP combat in just over an hour, and having a great time roleplaying right through it :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm...Well to be honest, I had this bad impression that in PbP, the best you could expect was maybe 1 post per player per day, and that combat takes a week if you are lucky and have dedicated players. I turned out to be pleasantly surprised, managing to finish a 2v2 PbP combat in just over an hour, and having a great time roleplaying right through it :D
(I am not, of course, American myself)
Yup, Nova Scotia I saw. That's why I knew you wouldn't mind if I made a slight jab at Amercians' expense (although it could also be seen as praise for the Japanese--man that random Japanese person who gave me free items was nice!) :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Well, maybe a Fighter/Rogue type, as in full BAB and great skills: 8 + Int a level and a nice skill set, could do it.

It probably doesn't matter, as the concept would be rather high level anyhow... :D
Ronin would be absolutely perfect for that:

A masterless samurai who has chosen the path of dishonour to live an independent life, the Ronin wander from village to village, some righting wrongs in vigilante justice, others sowing havoc, burning and looting as they go. Either way, these one-man squadrons are highly skillful and self-sufficient, a true ally to their friends and a scourge who cares little for honourable battle to their enemies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Seeten said:
I am still looking for a good place to play a Dracha with both racial and evolved levels, too. Boy they look like fun.
I'm in an AE game with a Dracha at the moment, though nobody has evolved levels yet. They still seem cool :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads