• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's new in music?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Literally just last night, I found out about a “supergroup” called Piroshka that released an album in July 2021. It’s now on my shopping list.

Members:
Miki Birenyi (ex-Lush: Vox & guitar)
KJ “Moose” McKillop (ex-Moose: guitar & keyboards)
Mick Conroy (ex-Modern English: bass)
Justin Welch (ex-Elastica/Suede: drums)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
After the passing of Wayne Static, Static X was dormant for quite a while. They finally found a replacement, and are releasing new music:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A few years ago, Doctor John teamed up with The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach to produce a killer album, Locked Down. Dan apparently hand picked the other musicians on board. Here’s the title track:

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Cyril Neville is, IMHO, the best musician in his family. Here’s a song he released 8 or so years ago from a damn good album.

I remember seeing Har Mar Superstar at a festival years ago, for a guy I didn't know he put on an amazing show.
So years later I looked him up to see what he'd been doing. Now most of his early work seemed to have a jokey / novelty song element, but I came across some new material which seemed to have moved away from that...

opacitizen

Explorer
@Dannyalcatraz Now that's a bit of a flood, isn't it? :D It would've been easier to post a public playlist of all these songs with a write-up about what's what.

@Eyes of Nine Amazon's The Rings of Power (2022) is rather divisive, but I haven't yet seen anyone disliking its music. (I'm not saying there are no people disliking it, I just haven't seen them voice their opinion yet.) Give it a shot. Here's an orc chorus, for example.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
@Dannyalcatraz Now that's a bit of a flood, isn't it? :D It would've been easier to post a public playlist of all these songs with a write-up about what's what.
I’m a bit of a music nut.🤪 Most of what I’ve posted is either already in my collection or on my current shopping list. I could have posted my shopping list, but too much of it falls outside of the OP’s parameters.🤣

But I’m also a bit of a luddite. Back in the day, I’d send mix tapes to friends and family. But I’ve never used the playlist function on YouTube. Hell- there are pets with bigger internet footprints than I have!

Last edited:

I recently came across Matt Berry on an episode of 'What's in my bag' where famous people pick out a bunch of records on youtube.
He mentioned the band 'Tennis' and I've been hooked on them ever since...

Remove ads