What's the best RPG?

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
D&D 5e because it got me into gaming after a couple decades of not playing TTRPGs, rekindled my love for the hobby, led me share the hobby with my sons, made me new friends, and led me to all the other TTRPGs I've enjoyed playing over the past few years.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
Also like mutants and masterminds 3E when i really want to cut loose with lots of cool powers. But primarily for me it’s COC 7E and d&d. M&M is a game that should be played by alot more people learn to DM and write for that and creating high level d&d adventures will be easy form you.

I probaly get to play or Run about 6-8 sessions of this game a year. Very fun. Easy to be over the top and still dramatic.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
FFG's Star Wars is a masterpiece with it's dice mechanic that drives narrative. I think it bridges the gap better than anything else between narrative play and providing enough "crunch" for people who prefer more traditional games.

I SO wish I could get into FFG Star Wars, I love the setting and the system looks great, however I'm the only DM in our group and they aren't keen on taking narrative control, which in Star Wars puts it all back on me, the DM, and a) its a lot of work b) and it defeats the purpose of the players driving the story

sorry for going OT

My best RPG, like many have said is the current one, so PF2E and 5E :)

hawkeyefan

Legend
I think Blades in the Dark has made the biggest impression on me in recent years. Such great integration of mechanics and setting.

I recently grabbed Mothership, and it’s the game I’m most looking forward to playing when the chance comes up.

Remove ads