• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your alignment in real life?

In real life, you consider yourself...

• Lawful Good

Votes: 86 20.5%
  • Lawful Neutral

Votes: 50 11.9%
  • Lawful Evil

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Neutral Good

Votes: 156 37.2%
  • True Neutral

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • Neutral Evil

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Chaotic Good

Votes: 49 11.7%
  • Chaotic Neutral

Votes: 17 4.1%
  • Chaotic Evil

Votes: 1 0.2%

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Probably Lawful Neutral. With strong tendency to LG.

I like order, I like a organized world. And I like good - but I don't always have the courage and resources to actually help.

And as cleric... probably Boccob, due to his portfolio of knowledge.

sirwmholder

First Post
A friend introduced me to D&D many years ago... when I questioned him about alignment he told me to think of it as:

Good = go out of your way to help someone you don't know
Neutral = help those who are close to you (party, family, friends)
Evil = only worry about helping yourself

In that respect I'm best described as Neutral... I just don't trust people enough to try to help everyone.

On the issue of authority... err, I mean lawful verses chaotic... I tend to follow the rules as it suits me... not out of fear for punishment but more of not wanting to be hassled.

So I would say True Neutral with Chaotic tendencies.

As for which God to follow... I would probably follow the ideal of Truth. Discovery is the noblest endeavor I ever hope to achieve.

Thanks for your time,
William Holder

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
The last alignment test I recall put me at Lawful Good. My girlfriend at the time tested as Neutral Good; her lack of devotion to authority was demonstrated by her, let's just call them interpersonal relationship recreational choices, and leave it at that.

Interestingly, my senior year thesis for my psych major was that one could correlate certain MBTI types with D&D alignments. It wound up being pretty strong that Lawful/Chaotic matched J/P.

Edit: Setting undetermined, so we'll just go with Cuiracaen, the CG storm/battle god from Birthright. I like thunderstorms, and I like my fictional deities to have electric guitar soundtracks.

Brad

Last edited:

Drowbane

First Post
L/N with P/G (powergaming) tendencies.

Cleric? Naw, I'd be a Druid.

brehobit said:
Alignment is for wimps. I'm powerPC, so I don't need alignment and I go both ways
([OoTS]That's so hot[/OoTS])
Mark

So clearly Neutral. :p

Wolfwood2

Explorer
I have to go with True Neutral. I don't regularly sacrifice hours of time to volunteer to help strangers or go above and beyond the call of duty to help others. I like to think I'm reasonably polite and nice to others, and I'd return a wallet if I found one in the street, because those things cost me nothing.

But I can't pretend that not being a jerk is enough to make me good.

On law and chaos I'm apathetic. It seems like society needs both.

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
Vague Jayhawk said:
Wisdom really was my dump stat.
Ditto.

I'm chaotic neutral with good tendancies.

I have a firm belief in personal freedom/responsibility and I am a devout, though non-practicing, anarchist. I despise many societal norms and all "laws" as practiced by "government."

I am supremely selfish with an odd altruistic streak especially as it applies to people with whom I am closely associated such as family and some few friends.

I believe in the sanctity of life, and would not kill without great provocation and likely some serious personal remorse, but would not exert myself terribly to "save" someone I didn't know/care about.

I could not possibly see myself devoted to any D&D deity.

Interestingly, I have a strong personal code, as Shilsen mentioned above, but I do not think that makes me lawful in the D&D sense as that code is antithetical to the formation of a lawful society.

robberbaron

First Post
Lawful Evil (I believe that we need, and need to adhere to, laws. Prison should be punishment and not just loss of liberty. Murderers - about whom there is no doubt - should be executed. Rapists and child molesters should lose the capability to do it again).

I've always had a soft spot for Set (originally he was Lawful Evil but now seems to have become Chaotic. What a load of tosh). Law and Strength (maybe Destruction).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads