• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite "basic" race to play (and why)?

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Dwarves. A tradition halfway between Saxon England and feudal China, with an undercurrent of wry humor and drunkenness? Oh, HELL yeah. I find innumerable variations within the basic framework of dwarven psychology.

Humans second, but I usually end up playing them with a similar outlook.

Lee's Fortune

First Post
I've played humans, elves (of various stock), and half-elves.

But the most fun I've had with a particular race is with my current character, a Chaotic Good half-orc fighter/rogue.

Timeron Malachi

First Post
My longest played character was an Axani...they're Lawful plane-touched, but look human.

My second longest played character was a Gold Dwarf, who was awesome, though people thought his weapon was overcompensating for something.

I think my favorite race to play, though, is human: I fall into the "extra feat" trap almost every time...but, I think I end up playing non-human characters longer, for some reason. I had a changling rogue who was quite fun...a Githzerai monk who was also cool...

I guess I just like races that look more or less human, is all.

Woas

First Post
Halflings and humans. They seem to allow for a wide array of characters and enough variants to make it cool.
Not that the other races are unplayable or super-cliche. But halflings and humans tend to be my favorite.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Human if I have to go with base race. That one bonus feat along with the ability to make any kind of backstory fit is nice. I truly enjoy Half-dragon more, given the choice

Corsair

First Post
I play nearly every race except dwarves. I have a soft spot for gnomes and halflings (especially as gnomish paladins or halfling barbarians, rawr!) but I mostly play humans I'd say, with the occasional elf mixed in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads