Wheel of Time Full Trailer is out *No Spoilers Please*

TheSword

Legend
Yeah and like, people walking about of the theater to announce to the people waiting to go in that Han gets ganked by Kylo Ren who is Ben Solo, are dumb jerks that deserve to be punched.

Talking about it now, years later, is not in any way a bad thing, on any level. Full stop.
It seems to be a very strange thing to say when we were only recently discussing in the previous thread on WOT that tons of people don’t know much about or have only read a few books out of the series.

If there ever was an IP that’s been out for a long time and fantasy fans still might not know it’s this one.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It seems to be a very strange thing to say when we were only recently discussing in the previous thread on WOT that tons of people don’t know much about or have only read a few books out of the series.

If there ever was an IP that’s been out for a long time and fantasy fans still might not know it’s this one.
I mean, it is one of the most widely read fantasy novel series ever. Still, I'm personally choosing to be circumspect about plot elements insofar as I can be, but it's not unreasonable to be fairly loose with plot elements to books that are older than the average D&D player.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don’t see how the first example is fundamentally different than the second. People get introduced to things at different times. Some of them weren’t even alive when they were new.

They don’t deserve to experience the same wonder their predecessors did?
The biggest twist of the first novel is spoiled in the pull quote if you Google "Rand al'Thor." Which I bet a few people who haven't read the books are likely to do before they finish the first half of this shoe. It's a different world than in 1990.

TheSword

Legend
I mean, it is one of the most widely read fantasy novel series ever. Still, I'm personally choosing to be circumspect about plot elements insofar as I can be, but it's not unreasonable to be fairly loose with plot elements to books that are older than the average D&D player.
I think that’s my approach. Talk about or allude to things without throwing open your overcoat and waving your third-season-finale-tallywacker in everyone’s face.

TheSword

Legend
The biggest twist of the first novel is spoiled in the pull quote if you Google "Rand al'Thor." Which I bet a few people who haven't read the books are likely to do before they finish the first half of this shoe. It's a different world than in 1990.
I learned early, not to google anything regarding an already released series/TV show/book.

Ideally don’t read the news either the day after an episode is released, when you have it saved on sky plus 😂😂

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Anyone played games inspired by Wheel of Time? The first one I ran into was Wheel of Time Quake it was a custom fan homage to Wheel of Time with asha'man with flaming swords and healer lightning tossing Ae Sedai... it had to change its name to Fantasy Quake but it was always WoT Quake to me

I also purchased the d20 Wheel of Time book

And played the official WoT game that came out shortly after WoT quake was forced to change its name.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I mean, especially if there are people specifically asking people to hide spoilers in the thread, then just... don't.

There's always people who are new. When FF7 Remake was coming out people started getting a lot more circumspect about who dies and when, which had previously been one of the most openly discussed spoiler in video games.

Wheel of Time is also, infamously, a series a lot of people don't finish.

Don't be a jerk

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
A remembrance from WoT Quake in team mode, being someone who tossed erratic lightning which hurt allies kind of made being a healer too very handy.

Remove ads