• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time November Launch. The next GOT or the next Shannara Chronicles?

TheSword

Legend
I think I gave up book 7.
Interestingly I’ve just seen figures suggesting the first four books sold 12 million copies up to 2011 when series 1 came out. The five have now sold 90 million. Not a bad mark up. So WOT starting with 90 million even with 14 books isn’t bad either.

TheSword

Legend
I love that anytime Wheel of Time comes up it always becomes a "so what book did you give up on?" discussion

....it was Book 7 for me too
I see that a lot. I don’t think there’s any doubt that the series will by its nature resolve a lot of the issues. Particular when those books are gonna have to be condensed to at least 2 books per season. It will do the story good.

I hope it also encourages people to give it another go.

Just a suggestion, the Audio books are excellent so if you found the books hard going but fancy following I’d highly recommend them. I’ve read the book series a half dozen times and listened to the audio books twice through. I’d probably stick to the audio books when I go through again.

TheSword

Legend
I mean, I guess if I started the audio books now I might be able to finish them before the show ends it 8 season run :p
🤣 they’re about 38 hours each? How much commuting/running/painting do you do? Lol

Though value for money isn’t bad. 38 hours for a £6.99 audible.com credit!

TheSword

Legend
Here’s a transcript of the interview with Rafe at Comic-con. Some interesting stuff, particularly about themes and the productions team.

“RJ: I am so lucky with this show to have an unbelievable team with me from our producer, David Brown, who did Outlander and our [executive producers] Mike Weber and Marigo Kehoe who did The Crown, everything good you’ve ever heard of, and then the writing staff, too. It was important to me that we brought different kinds of storytelling to the show.

My number two on the show is a woman named Amanda Kate Shuman who is an incredible writer who doesn’t really like or care about fantasy at all, and so she always made sure that our characters felt authentic and real.

And our director, of course, Uta Briesewitz, who is incredible from Westworld and Stranger Things and every show that you’ve watched and loved, she’s directed, and she came in with such a strong vision of what this world could look like and how to capture it again in a way that felt really grounded.”

Remove ads