• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E When do you think 4E will be released?

When do you think 4E will come out?

• late 2004

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 12 5.3%

Votes: 63 27.6%

Votes: 44 19.3%

Votes: 47 20.6%

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • 2010 or later

Votes: 33 14.5%
  • Never!

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 3.9%

Kaleon Moonshae

When TrueNight falls
I am going to have to say 2006 for one main reason. We are talking bout hasbro and not WotC. Hasbro has cut their teeth on two things, anime toy lines and ccgs. If we look at the marketing scheme of those two comodoties you find that they are an every 2-3 year cycle. Look at pokemon, yugioh and dual masters. Then look at zoids. Both of those worked at that market and so I have a feeling that Hasbro will continue it over into d20. It may not work, but they will at least try it once (some say they already tried it with 3.5 and that it did work, meaning it's almost a surety to happen again).

just my 2 cents

Patman21967

First Post
If they release it before 2007, I will lead the Army to tear Hasbro/Wizards down brick by stinking brick....

My Hill-Giant WarChant ringing all the way

Rape, Kill, Pilliage, Burn

drothgery

First Post
rogueattorney said:
Now, I could see WotC/Hasbro doing BRP/CoC-styled "editions" ad infinium, but I don't think that's the style of edition "changes" the original poster was looking for. I'd look for a 3.51, 3.6, 3.75, and 3.8 before I'd look for a true fourth edition of the game.
Just for future reference, some proposed conventions for any hypothetical new edition...

"3.51e" - 3.5 + official errata and new artwork

"3.6e" - minor tweaks, fixing anything that almost everyone agrees is problematic in 3.5 and wouldn't require a substantial rework in concept to fix

"3.8e" - doing a 3.5 to 3.5; trying to fix things that seemed broken, and making some changes just for the heck of it.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see 3.51e or 3.6e in 2006 or 2007, if just to get a new book as WotC's best seller. But as per above, I also agree that 4e is a long way off.

Remove ads