D&D 5E Which Class is "The Best" - Your chance to VOTE!

Which Class is "The Best"?

• Barbarian

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Bard

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Druid

Votes: 16 12.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Monk

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • Ranger

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Wizard

Votes: 37 29.4%
  • Other (Artificer, etc.)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • None (They are ALL cool and great, right?!)

Votes: 15 11.9%

Ashrym

Legend
What I think is interesting is "always the first to die" and "hide behind the pile of dead bards" leads so strongly followed quickly by "lawful stupid". The most memed are the most voted?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Speaking of popular, if the fighter only got votes because it was popular (instead of a well designed class), how do you explain the ranger getting so low? The ranger is more popular than most classes in most games thanks to Arragorn and Drizzt. And yet, it’s super low below all the other classes.

perhaps, people actually read the OP and knew what they were voting for, and the “it only got votes cuz popular” isn’t actually true, but it got votes because it does what people expect it to do, and well.

And the ranger was poorly designed to expectations....

Undrave

Legend
Speaking of popular, if the fighter only got votes because it was popular (instead of a well designed class), how do you explain the ranger getting so low? The ranger is more popular than most classes in most games thanks to Arragorn and Drizzt. And yet, it’s super low below all the other classes.

perhaps, people actually read the OP and knew what they were voting for, and the “it only got votes cuz popular” isn’t actually true, but it got votes because it does what people expect it to do, and well.

And the ranger was poorly designed to expectations....

Does anyone even know WHAT are those expectations to begin with?

Undrave

Legend
I dunno. I've joined games where no one knew what characters the others were creating and have had a few where several made bards. In one case it was 4 bards and a rogue. The rogue player threw up his hands, took the entertainer background, and went arcane trickster so he could fit the theme.

We also tended to avoid direct combat as much as possible. It's one of the squishiest groups I was ever in as well.

I think you mean "Band", not group.

Does anyone even know WHAT are those expectations to begin with?
Not being the only class that has actual dead levels -- thanks to Natural Explorer, Favored Enemy, Hide In Plain Sight and Foe Slayer being worthless in many campaigns -- would've been a nice start.

It's not even that the Ranger is severely underpowered. Extra Attack + half-caster status are a strong enough foundation to at least keep it within the curve, performance-wise. It's just that the Paladin built a nice 3-story mansion on that foundation while the Ranger built a straw hut.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
WOW! THANKS EVERYONE!!! :)

I got home from work and BAM! nearly three new pages of posts! I am happy to see the poll finally topped 100. Hopefully, more people will chime in and cast their votes as well.

(Of course, I am disappointed people continue to rate the bard so highly... but them's the breaks. ;) )

Ashrym

Legend
(Of course, I am disappointed people continue to rate the bard so highly... but them's the breaks. ;) )

To be fair, they only do it because bards are awesome. ;-)

tumblr_p65molCaSo1rfz5gpo1_500.png

Vael

Legend
My favourites to play are definitely: Sorcerer, Bard and Druid
The ones I think are the best classes: Wizard, Bard, Paladin

Sacrosanct

Legend
WOW! THANKS EVERYONE!!! :)

I got home from work and BAM! nearly three new pages of posts! I am happy to see the poll finally topped 100. Hopefully, more people will chime in and cast their votes as well.

the bard is my least favorite class, so I feel your pain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases