D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

Jer

Legend
Supporter
So at this point I'm back to "probably going to buy them all eventually, because I know who I am" :)

But the ones I voted for are "Keys from the Golden Vault' (love anthologies and love heists, so this one feels made for me), "Glory of the Giants" (because I love monster books), and "Planescape".

And with Planescape my interest is far more "what are they going to put into that box" curiosity than anything else. Is it an Outlands campaign? Sigil? An attempt to cover the entire Outer Planes in a 64 page book? I'm just really dang curious about what kind of product they think they can make with the name "Planescape" on it and who the target audience for it will be.

It's one of the settings I'd stay furthest from if I wasn't going to commit to doing multiple books. If I were in charge I'd do a "Tour of the Outer Planes" adventure book rather than a campaign setting because it would be easier to structure and not disappoint. So it's the one I'm most curious about.

Except there was no actual heist in Dragon Heist, as written. For me personally, I'd still love an official book with actual heists in it.
The 5e rules are not great for heists. They have hinted that the book contains some more heist-friendly rules. If those rules are actually good, then I might be interested. But until reviews are out, I have no idea if that is the case.

Normally, I quite like collections of short adventures that I can drop into an ongoing campaign, but I had already decided to take a break from DMing D&D (long before the OGL fiasco) so I don't really have a use for such a book at the moment.

Remove ads