• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which editions of D&D do you own the core books for?

Which of these core books/sets do you own physical copies of?

• Original D&D LBBs

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Basic D&D (Holmes)

Votes: 72 32.9%
  • Advanced D&D, 1e

Votes: 174 79.5%
  • Basic D&D (Moldvay)

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Basic D&D (Mentzer - the Red Box)

Votes: 88 40.2%
  • Advanced D&D, 2e

Votes: 154 70.3%
  • Basic D&D (later editions, pre-3e - Black Box, etc.)

Votes: 65 29.7%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 3e

Votes: 161 73.5%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

Votes: 174 79.5%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 4e

Votes: 143 65.3%
  • Dungeons & Dragons 4e Essentials

Votes: 79 36.1%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 2 0.9%

Stormonu

Legend
Whoa! And I thought I had a big collection!

In the last picture, what are those four red boxed sets lying on their side, and the white box above it (something from Goodman Games, I'm thinking - the red box looks like it reads "MumbleMumble - City of Wickedness?"); I think the brown box is Castle Whiterock?

My collection, as of a few years ago:

101_0354.jpg

101_0358.jpg

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Mentzer Red Box + Rules Cyclopedia
1st Edition
2nd Edition
3rd Edition
3.5 Edition
4th Edition
4E Essentials

Over the years as finances have waxed and waned, my collection has as well. I started with the Red Box and RC and moved on to AD&D 2E. My collections of those were lost in a move just as 3rd Edition was coming out.

Between 2000 and 2006 I had to sell my collection a few times and was down to just the 3.5 core books and one supplement at one point. In the past three years, however, life has gotten more stable so I've managed to reacquire much of what was lost (or acquire for the first time in the case of AD&D 1E).

I've played and enjoyed all of them except 1E and am slowly plotting out a 1E campaign to be run soon.

noffham

Explorer
Whoa! And I thought I had a big collection!

In the last picture, what are those four red boxed sets lying on their side, and the white box above it (something from Goodman Games, I'm thinking - the red box looks like it reads "MumbleMumble - City of Wickedness?"); I think the brown box is Castle Whiterock?

My collection, as of a few years ago:

The red boxes are Mongoose Conan D20 items: Messantia: City of Riches and Shadizar: City of Wickedness. Looks like 2 of each. The brown goodman box is Castle Whiterock but I can't tell what the white box is.

Oh, and to get back to topic, I have every edition noted in the poll.

Last edited:

EYEforanEYE

First Post

Here is a better pic i took this morning....:D

DSCN0038.jpg

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Moldvay "Basic"; Cook/Marsh "Expert".
Mentzer "Players"; Mentzer "Dungeon Master".
- - (Also, In Search of the Unknown; Isle of Dread; Village of Hommlet; but those don't count, do they?)

3.5 Player's Handbook; Deities and Demigods; and Complete Divine, Warrior, Champion, Adventurer, Mage (for Reserve Feats).
[Not DM-ing, so no DMG nor MM.]

4.0 3-book core-set in slipcase. [& etc.]

Remove ads