D&D 5E Which Magic the Gathering setting would you want added officially to D&D?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
What art books are already out? This thread is making me want to see and maybe get somez
Zendikar, Innistrad, Amonkhet, Kaladesh, Ixalan and Dominaria.

IMHO Zendikar & Innistrad are super evocative. Kaladesh & Dominaria not so much. Ixalan looks intriguing, but I don‘t have it. Amonkhet seems like it would be similar to Kaladesh (i.e, city focused)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Zendikar, Innistrad, Amonkhet, Kaladesh, Ixalan and Dominaria.

IMHO Zendikar & Innistrad are super evocative. Kaladesh & Dominaria not so much. Ixalan looks intriguing, but I don‘t have it. Amonkhet seems like it would be similar to Kaladesh (i.e, city focused)

Also Ravnica, and an all-Magic anniversary book. It seems they aren't doing any more with the 3+1 card release model, though, with blocks being retired.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
To answer the OP. None. However, if I had to pick one setting it would be the vampire one, Innistrad? I'd like to see Ravenloft and that would at least come close.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
What art books are already out? This thread is making me want to see and maybe get somez

Of those that are out, I have the Zendikar and Dominaria art books. Both are pretty cool with amazing art. Zendikar feels like a points of light setting, the wilderness is dangerous and ever changing due to the roil which makes permanent settlements few and far between. Dominaria feels like more of a classic setting with demon cults, noble nights, wizard academies and ancient elven forests. It also has a long history since it was the original setting, I'd be tempted to look through earlier mtg sets for ideas on items and setting locations.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
DOMINARIA. Because Urza and Mishra are cool (and Antiquities was my favorite set early on).
Aladdin always had a place in my heart, so Arabian Nights was my favorite early set. There was nothing like hitting Shahrazad with a Fork and watching the opponent scoop.

gyor

Legend
Aladdin always had a place in my heart, so Arabian Nights was my favorite early set. There was nothing like hitting Shahrazad with a Fork and watching the opponent scoop.

I think they call that setting the Infinite Planes of Rabiah now. It's among the least likely MtG planes to get even a mention.

Anyways, I like that Eldraine is the the MtG Disney Setting, but it needs somekind of connect point to the Infinite Planes of Rabiah.

gyor

Legend
In current times in MtG, when a mage summons a creature, they are actually summoning a duplicate of them from the Aether, as I understand it.

So can the Gatewatch just summon a dupilcate of Gideon?

I mean they act like he is permenantly gone, but he can in a sense be summoned.

It does suggest a Neoplatonic element to MtG where someone highest self isn't in their embodiment, but in the ideal form if themselves which is immortal.

gyor

Legend
Here's the big ol' risky answer:

Kamigawa. Yes, I am more than aware its basically one of the worst selling sets, but it pulled off "Fantasy Japan" roughly about a million times better than Oriental Adventures ever did

To be fair OA explored a lot more then just Japan.

And OA wasn't a failure, so perhaps it isn't worse the Kamigawa.

Remove ads