D&D 5E Which Magic the Gathering setting would you want added officially to D&D?

Parmandur

Book-Friend

That Tolarian Community College Professor actually mentions the possibility of a Zandikar themed D&D book coming out when Zendikar Rising does.

He might be reading this forum: then, he probably has sources in the playtested community, and WotC can't keep a lid on things forever.

gyor

Legend
Theros would probably be at the top of my list of MtG settings, along with Amonket, preferably a region they didn't destroy. I like the Kor race from Zandikar, and what look like it's subclasses, but the setting itself isn't that interesting to me besides from Eldrazi who aren't there anymore.

And of course Ravnica, but they already did that one.

gyor

Legend
Looking again at the Planeshift article, if you don't include races, subclasses, and Monsters, just world lore, you could likely fit most of them into say 10 to 15 pages which would leave space for new details. A lot of the Planeshifts are taken up by space for art, over 50% or more on the average page is art.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Theros would probably be at the top of my list of MtG settings, along with Amonket, preferably a region they didn't destroy. I like the Kor race from Zandikar, and what look like it's subclasses, but the setting itself isn't that interesting to me besides from Eldrazi who aren't there anymore.

And of course Ravnica, but they already did that one.

Honestly, there isn't a Magic setting that would make me unhappy if they explored it as a D&D setting.

What Zendikar could offer: some wild new magic items, new monsters, and Wilderness Survival Guide style rules. Real rugged outdoorsy setting, in contrast to most of the setting material so far. Any dungeons they would put in such a book could be really far out and fantastical.

Greek and Egyptian myth settings would be tight, though: one of the things the Magic Creative team has perfected is making new, trademark able material with an authentic mythical resonance.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Looking again at the Planeshift article, if you don't include races, subclasses, and Monsters, just world lore, you could likely fit most of them into say 10 to 15 pages which would leave space for new details. A lot of the Planeshifts are taken up by space for art, over 50% or more on the average page is art.

Particularly with Zendikar, the Planeshift articles were just Wyatt's Homebrew notes with recycled art (made by Wyatt in his spare time). The whole shebang got started because Wyatt was working all day on Magic setting material, and wanted to keep DMing but didn't have the mental space to keep making another seperate setting.

Remove ads