D&D 5E Which MTG Setting would you want as an official D&D Setting?

What MTG Plane would you like to have an official D&D Setting Book?

• Amonkhet

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Ikoria

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Innistrad

• Ixalan

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Kaladesh

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kaldheim

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Tarkir

• Zendikar

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Some other MTG Plane

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No more MTG settings!

Votes: 22 23.9%

Mercurius

Legend
I genuinely don't see why people want Eldraine. It's... it's like Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, and Mother Goose made a setting. It's so close to camp you have to walk around the tent stakes.
Yup, agreed. Of all the Magic settings, this would probably be the one I'm least interested in.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yup, agreed. Of all the Magic settings, this would probably be the one I'm least interested in.
One of the more likely ones to happen, though, since the Setting (qua Setting, aside from gameplay considerations) was apparently well-received and has a lot of room for Magic design space (and unique D&D trope space, to boot).

James Wyatt has said I'm the past he didn't think that any Setting that received a Planeshift document will ever get a full book, since those are freely available alongside the detailed Art of Magic the Gathering books. This would exclude Zendikar, Innistrad, Kaladesh, Amonkhet, Ixalan and Dominaria from the main list. But time will tell if that holds true, as more of those get new Magic Sets.

So, that would leave Tarkir (which would be awesome) which is overdue for a return if it will ever happen, Kaldeim, Eldraine, Ikoria, and Strixhaven.

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
If they were to do an Eldraine book, I'm sure they follow the "camelot stuff is the bulk of the cake, fairy tales are the icing" philosophy they mentioned guided the set.
we have sufficient euro fantasy unless they want to do super mythical accurate spirtes I see little left to work with, it is a time to go east or south.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
IMO they need to either do Eldraine or a proper Feywild book. Exactly because the game doesn’t well support Grimm’s tales or stuff like the Welsh Mabinogion, and a lot of fantasy nerds and D&D players are really into that stuff.

Mind of tempest

IMO they need to either do Eldraine or a proper Feywild book. Exactly because the game doesn’t well support Grimm’s tales or stuff like the Welsh Mabinogion, and a lot of fantasy nerds and D&D players are really into that stuff.
yeah, I do not hear of a market for the former and Mabinogion is somehow more foreign to me than the journey to the west we must run in very different circles.

what is the point of the fey wild that people like or care about as I just see elf and fae world and that sounds like a bad time?

doctorbadwolf

yeah, I do not hear of a market for the former and Mabinogion is somehow more foreign to me than the journey to the west we must run in very different circles.
The name is foreign to you, but I rather doubt Merlin and Taliesin and Mannanon Mac Llyr are that foreign to you. As for the “market”, well I can only say look around the TTRPG community. It’s pretty easy to see the market for fairy tale based media. 🤷‍♂️
what is the point of the fey wild that people like or care about as I just see elf and fae world and that sounds like a bad time?
You don’t have to get it, tbh. Other people like and want more of it.

Mind of tempest

The name is foreign to you, but I rather doubt Merlin and Taliesin and Mannanon Mac Llyr are that foreign to you. As for the “market”, well I can only say look around the TTRPG community. It’s pretty easy to see the market for fairy tale based media. 🤷‍♂️

You don’t have to get it, tbh. Other people like and want more of it.
I know merlin but the others are unknown and I could get in a car and drive to wales.

I would still like to know the appeal as it might be enlightening?

doctorbadwolf

I know merlin but the others are unknown and I could get in a car and drive to wales.

I would still like to know the appeal as it might be enlightening?
Most fantasy nerds know those names IME, but it doesn’t matter.

Playing in the Feywild is fun, I don’t know how to explain why.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases