Which of these D&D classes would you take if you had to choose one?

The Lodestar is the one that I think sounds the most interesting; I actually read the Savant, but didn't like it. Just didn't wow me like I'd hoped it would. The Mahout was interesting as well, but not my cup of tea in general.

The Lodestar is the one that I think sounds the most interesting; I actually read the Savant, but didn't like it. Just didn't wow me like I'd hoped it would. The Mahout was interesting as well, but not my cup of tea in general.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
From the upcoming A Touch More Class. For me, it’s the Savant all the way. Sherlock Holmes style!

IMG_4517.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 22,274

Dausuul

Legend
Mahout, no question. A dedicated "pet master" class is one thing D&D lacks right now. There are pet master subclasses (beastmaster ranger, necromancer wizard, etc.), but each has a full-powered base class chassis, which means the pet is pretty limited in how strong it can be.

The others all look to me like they should be subclasses; specialized variants on concepts that already exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

J.M

Explorer
Gemini could be fun. We’ve got a similar concept in my current campaign: a two-headed ogre. At the start of each session he rolls randomly (50/50) to determine which head is in control of the character. One of them is a brutish warrior, the other a mage. During the session the player can reroll once, and the GM can reroll once. It’s been a lot of fun at the table.

Remove ads

Remove ads