• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which race WILL you be playing?

Which race will you be playing first?

• Halfling

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Human

Votes: 60 19.4%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Elf

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Eldrain

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Dragonborn

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • Rawr! (DM)

Votes: 104 33.5%

AntiPaladin

First Post
DM PCs: For people that don't have enough real life friends. I can see it now, logging on to DDI with an alt account so the DM can also participate in party as a PC. :cool:

Mengu

First Post
I am debating between Dragonborn and Eladrin. I wanted to go the intelligent Warlord route, and Eladrin seems like the better fit for it, but from racial descriptions and fluff perspective, I really like the Dragonborn mentality, and their honorbound nature. I voted Dragonborn, since that's the way I'm leaning at the moment, but that may change.

drothgery

First Post
New edition, so my inclination is to try out new stuff (it took me years to play an Eberron character that wasn't an Eberron race, dragonmarked, or an Artificer...). And High Elves Done Right, err, Eladrin, seem like the most appealing to how I play.

Rowsdower

First Post
I voted dragonborn.
But I also want to play human.

I like the racial feats we've been shown, and can think of some really good ones that fit WotC's descriptions of their racial "style".

dnd3dm

First Post
Rowsdower said:
I voted dragonborn.
But I also want to play human.

I like the racial feats we've been shown, and can think of some really good ones that fit WotC's descriptions of their racial "style".

Almost exactly what he said. Been looking forward to dragonborn since I first heard about them last year, but I usually play humans. I might try eladrin, elves or dwarves in the future.

Victim

First Post
Most likely Human or Tiefling. The stat bonuses on the tiefer should be useful to a warlord. However, the other racial features don't seem all that useful - with the way some of the warlord powers work, they should be using their big powers early to provide a long lasting bonus. Therefore, the bonus against bloodied foes isn't as a big deal as it is for someone holding big powers in reserve to finish off foes made more deadly when bloodied.

Human features can always be useful.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads