• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which race WILL you be playing?

Which race will you be playing first?

• Halfling

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Human

Votes: 60 19.4%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Elf

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Eldrain

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Dragonborn

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • Rawr! (DM)

Votes: 104 33.5%

FireLance

Legend
I'm split between elf for the free attack re-roll (very handy for your encounter or daily powers) and dwarf for the minor action second wind. Which I go with will probably depend on whether I think I need to be more offensive or defensive focused.

Cryptos

First Post
Oops! Wrong thread. Strange about the elves, though. It seems most people were into elves for the arcane element, and scampered off to find the Eladrin.

Family

First Post
So a party of 5 would have 2 Humans, a Half-Elf, an Eldrain, and a Dragonborn. (based on votes thus far)

oh and 3 GMs heh :D

Kaffis

First Post
I'll be giving our regular DM a break from something like a decade of DMing without more than a six-session stint as a PC. Well, assuming my run breaks half a dozen sessions, to be technical.

In any event, when I get a chance to take a crack at a PC, I'm thinking an eladrin tactical warlord warrior of the wild. Sure, he's too detached and otherworldly for the rest of his party to get much inspiration out of him, but when he tells you to do something, and you do, damn if you don't get results... The jury's out whether I'll use the ranger multiclass to give him some attack options from the back, or to qualify for nifty crackling lightning TWF prestige thematics; I'll probably make that choice my concession to what synergizes well.

Kaffis

First Post
Family said:
I just want to point out that at this point elf is the only race without a vote. Maybe the reason they left was that you didn't want to play with them. hmmm?

Actually, elf will probably be my second character, which is ironic. See, I've never really got into the whole "haughty and superior" thing for elves, so I think that splitting them off so that "haughty and superior" doesn't have to be juxtaposed with "frivolous and impulsive" is the best thing since sliced bread.

But then, a character concept rolls my way that actually fits the detached facet, for once. C'est la vie.

In other words, I loves me some elveses, just not right away.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
I'll be DMing to try and convince the group to switch, but when I do get a chance, I'll be playing either a Human or a Tiefling.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads