• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which race WILL you be playing?

Which race will you be playing first?

• Halfling

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • Human

Votes: 60 19.4%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 25 8.1%
  • Elf

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Eldrain

Votes: 39 12.6%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • Dragonborn

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • Rawr! (DM)

Votes: 104 33.5%

Ahglock

First Post
Cryptos said:
Oops! Wrong thread. Strange about the elves, though. It seems most people were into elves for the arcane element, and scampered off to find the Eladrin.

Well a large part of this elfs flavor text implies playing a druid and you can't yet, so um yeah not many people want to play them.

Wik

First Post
Every new edition, my first character is a half-elf. It has been this way since 2nd edition came out. It'll remain so.

Some traditions just need to upheld.

Vickrin

First Post
Warforged anyone?

My first pick would have to be a warforged fighter, love eberron and they are the most eberron thing you can get.

Love RPing them too.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
My first character will definitely be a human. I love to play humans... they have the best flaws.

As a side note, I'm pleased to see humans as the top pick (aside from DM, of course)... and a little baffled at how poorly Elf is doing. Interesting poll.

Zander

Explorer
The first time I try 4E will be on the edition's release day at a WotC-organised event at The London Dungeon. I don't know if I'll get to pick a race or just handed a pre-gen. If I get to decide, I'll play a dwarf. I like dwarves. :)

The following day, I'll be DMing a 4E campaign so I'll be playing all races and none. One thing's for sure: there won't be any grieflings or dragonburps as PC races in any game I DM. When the PHB2 comes out next year, I won't allow smörgåsforged either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads