• Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • Starter Set

Votes: 88 50.0%
  • Essentials Kit

Votes: 67 38.1%

I am waiting the translation into Spanish language of Volo's Guide to Monsters, Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and Eberron: Rising from the Last War. I would rather to buy sourcebooks with new PC races, monsters and base classes (not only subclasses).

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I buy all the hobby store cover versions, both because I think they're cool and to support my local/favorite game store.

I think I'm not alone, and that's why WotC has been releasing more and more books with specialty covers. So it goes.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Acq Inq is the only book I don't own in any form.

Mordenkainen's, Ravnica, Wildemount, Eberron, BG: DiA, Tyranny, and Theros (pre-order) I only own on DNDBeyond (no physical copy). Tyranny is weird because DNDBeyond just gave you the update for free if you owned HotDQ and RoT, so technically I own it but didn't "pay" for it.

atanakar

Hero
The two starters. The three core, Sword Coast and all the generic books. Plus Saltmarsh because it's great Greyhawk book and it has nautical rules for 5e. I used to own the two Rise of Tiamat books at the beginning of 5e but I sold them after use.

I'm staying away for setting books and adventure books since I home-brew only. I no longer take inspirations from other settings to create my own campaigns. I did that in the 80s-90s.

I used to want a Spelljammer and Dark Sun 5e book but not anymore. I think my current campaign is probably my last D&D campaign. I really want to do a modern and a sci-fi campaign. I've selected the AGE system (Green Ronin) to do this. All the work is done with their toolbox approach and my players like the system. For my solitary games I'll be using Romance of the Perilous Lands (Osprey).

For what it's worth I own all five D&D (4e/5e) adventure boardgames with tiles and miniatures.

darjr

I crit!
I’ve got them all. Including digital. A few I’ve got multiple copies, some as a reward for running at cons and charity events, some for reasons. The only physical ones I’ve bought more than once is the PHB.
Oh and the starter box for toys for tots and other gifts. Oh I have given the three core out as gifts too.

Enrico Poli1

Adventurer
PHB, DMG, MM, Starter Set, Screen Reincarnated, Volo's, Mordenkainen's (special cover), Eberron (special cover), Ravnica, Sword Coast, CoS, ToA, DiA, W:DH, W:DotMM, TotYP, GoS (special cover), plus Tal'Dorei setting. Wildemount will be next. And A LOT of minis!

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I have the core, and I have the player-option books (A's Guide to B), and I have the setting-books (Except SCAG) because WotC publish player-options in those. I have Tales from the Yawning Portal because my wife bought it, when she was trying to run (sadly, it's not something that agrees with her psyche). Other than Tales, I don't bother with adventure books, because I don't run published adventures.

the Jester

Legend
Core stuff, no setting material aside from Wildemonte, which was a gift. Most of the adventures, mostly excepting those tied too tightly to the Realms (though I do have DotMM and BG:DiA).

Ooops, just realized that I missed checking the Dungeon of the Mad Mage in the poll.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I have the core, and I have the player-option books (A's Guide to B), and I have the setting-books (Except SCAG) because WotC publish player-options in those. I have Tales from the Yawning Portal because my wife bought it, when she was trying to run (sadly, it's not something that agrees with her psyche). Other than Tales, I don't bother with adventure books, because I don't run published adventures.
Yep, pretty much identical to my purchases. I bought the 2 Waterdeep adventures because I wanted to give running published adventures a shot, and quickly realized it just didn't agree with my DMing temperament.

Remove ads