• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

Which version of D&D or D&D-like will you be playing by the end of 2008 ?

• I'll be playing 4E.

Votes: 185 39.4%
  • I'll be playing Pathfinder RPG.

Votes: 59 12.6%
  • I'll be playing D&D 3.5 / OGL.

Votes: 112 23.8%
  • I'll be playing an older version (ODD, basic, AD&D, AD&D2).

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I'll be playing a D&D-like system (C&C, french dK, ...).

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I'll be playing other non-D&D RPGs.

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • I choose several options here.

Votes: 67 14.3%

Bump2daWiza

First Post
I think we will probably be playing 3.5 based on my groups' overall reaction. I think there will still be 4E sessions, but it generally didn't go over as well as I had thought it would.

Jorunkun

First Post
We'll be wrapping up our 3.5 campaign by the end of the year. I was looking forward to running the next one under 4e but while I agree with a lot of the design-goals of the new edition, their implementation and the fluff that surrounds them just doesn't work for me. True 20 however is looking really attractive at the mo.

I'll be running OD&D 1974 with my house-rules and such. I don't see that changing. My second choice would be AD&D (1e).

Actually, several non-D&D games have been calling to me, lately, though. I don't want to stop playing OD&D, but I'd sure love to find some time to play Mutant Future and Traveller (I have the new Mongoose edition, which is very compatible with classic Traveller). Aces & Eights looks kinda cool, too.

Wombat

First Post
I'm currently, and will probably remain for the forseeable future, in the non-D&D camp.

It was amusing to come back to D&D after 20-odd years off with 3e, but it has run its course for me. I like a game that emphasizes matters other than simply combat.

danbuter1

First Post
For fantasy gaming, I really like Castles and Crusades. I gave away my 3e collection to a friend, and have not yet bought any 4e books.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
4e is my D&D of choice, so my group and I will be playing that for a good chunk of the remainder of 2008. The other GMs in the group may run some other short games, including Warhammer: Dark Heresy, Star Wars SAGA, Pendragon 5th ed, and other stuff we haven't thought about recently.

Muddyboots

Explorer
After 50+ hours of 4E in three groups (2 as DM) I'm going to be playing 3.5E and an old AD&D (1E) campaign. No I'm not in love with Vanceian magic or gnomes, 4E just seems flat. A few things that were loudly cited as issues at my tables include Tieflings and Dragonborn as PC races!?!, Magic items in the PHB (there goes the mystery!) and the "Think inside the box" movement (I thought we got rid of inches after AD&D) I could go on but it doesn't really matter. I'm not buying any more 4E product (hear that WOTC! Another one.)

Muddyboots

Shemeska

Adventurer
3.0/3.5 D&D hybrid, Shadowrun (3rd), and while not going to happen in 2008, my next campaign is likely to give Pathfinder a try (and more likely for a oneshot before then).

slacknhash

First Post
I may give 4e a go, just to keep my hand in. Some of the rules changes make sense to me (I like combat to be as tight and simple as possible), while I'm not so fond of others (all that miniatures shuffling, for example). Will probably end up house-ruling and bastardising it quite a bit while quietly trying to get my own system into some semblance of playability. That'll take a while, mind you. :)

Remove ads