• Foundry

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Tabletop Simulator

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 17.8%

aramis erak

Legend
5) Gotta have a desktop computer to use FG. Some of my players use tablets or Chromebooks, which works okay with Foundry (as long as you're not the host)
One of my alien players hosted the game on Foundry , and I was the guest GM ... I was able to access it and run the game from a 10.1" chromebook. Foundry complained but it still let me run the game from it.
My big complaint is the requirement for right-clicks, which are a problem on compact chromebooks.

pete284

Explorer
Is there a VTT that has decent support for the players mapping while they explore the dungeon, but the GM being able to.throw down a battlemap at need? Because that would be my perfect VTT.
In Foundry with the free Dungeon Draw module the GM can designate one of the players to draw a map on the fly.

Lazvon

Adventurer
Played with AboveVTT yesterday after reading about it in this thread. MUCH easier than anything I have tried to date, and the tie in to DNDBeyond makes it all the nicer. Immediately Patreon’d at the $6.50/month tier.

Since the players are kids, using it on MacBook Pro with Firefox plugin as DM side, and a Chrome Edison for one of the players that I think use AppleTV to extend my screen to the living room TV to for the Chrome plug-in/Player View!

I think this is going to be a LOT easier than using Preview.app and annotating with boxes for Fog and little colored circles for players and A-z letters in different colors for different monsters. That worked… but rulers and real pictures and a fog I can see through for reveals and such… awesome.

And easy enough to figure out in 20-minutes… super awesome.

Great find, thank you!

Skype, camera situated above the table with the entire grid map displayed. Markers for FoW. Players and DM make rolls as required. Miniatures for PC's and enemies and NPCs. If multiple enemies, then we use multiple sizes and colored wooden disks for multiple enemy types.

We use our imagination and save our money for pizza. No need for VTT.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Just a note as far as Kingmaker goes: Paizo announced they will do a VTT version of the new Kingmaker module for Foundry. I have the one for Abomination Vaults and it is outstanding. I have only used Foundry for the Beginners Box adventure but that also went very well.

Remove ads