Who else wants damage tracked separately per hit ?

frankthedm

First Post
I'm a big fan of tracking damage per hit if it lets mundane healing skills repair a small amount of damage per hit. Sure it takes a bit more room on the sheet, but by keeping them separate, non magical healing can be made to matter by allowing each wound to be healed a few HP, with magical healing being saved for emergencies.

For D&D no thanks. Perhaps for a game where specific wounds meant something. All damage is abstract and goes into the same HP pool and no one suffers any ill effects until 0 HP.

I don't see how tracking separate wounds adds anything but extra record keeping.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
It takes way to long to heal something the mundane way. I play D&D as an adventurer, not a patient (that's best saved for horror games).

Infiniti2000

First Post
I don't think it would play all that well. At some point you'd be tempted to classify specific injuries as large or small, and then all "meaning" here would be lost.

Arytiss

First Post
As others have said, not for D&D. While I don't mind this sort of system, I suspect it would get in the way when I'm playing. I'll leave it for Riddle of Steel and the other semi-realistic combat systems. D&D I just want to be able to sit down and roll some dice with my friends.

Last edited:

Remove ads