D&D General Whom did you romance in Baldur's Gate 3?

Whom did you romance (or "romance") in Baldur's Gate 3?

• Astarion

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Gale

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Halsin

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Karlach

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Lae'zel

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Minthara

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Shadowheart

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Wyll

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • No one

Votes: 4 5.1%

Dausuul

Legend
Nice I'm leaning towards a Gale romance Karlach maybe Asterion.
Origin Gale romancing Karlach is my plan for my next run, too. Going for a "doomed lovers" setup; my idea (though I don't know how well the game supports it) is that they send everyone else away at the end, then
Gale detonates the orb in Karlach's arms atop the Netherbrain.

Meech17

Adventurer
Sure, you all made fun of bards for years, but then you buy a copy of Baldur's Gate 3, and look how you all behave.
While I've never been anti-bard, I have never played a bard in D&D, and then my first character ended up being a bard. I wasn't sure what companions I'd end up with so I wanted that utility role for my character, and I had so much fun my next D&D character may end up being a bard.

But he romanced Shadowheart. Sad goth girls with a complicated religious background are just too hard to pass up.

My Dark Urge Paladin romanced Minthara. She is.... She's amazing. Evil.. But amazing. She is the poster child for "Ride or Die"

My current play-through I'm being a wizard. I'm not sure who she's going to romance. I was thinking Gale because I haven't romanced any of the male characters yet, and they might have a magical chemistry(Even though I respec'd Gale as a Cleric) but Karlach is coming onto me and it's hard to say no.

Zardnaar

Legend
I do not follow please explain?

somehow none of them are my type and I am definitely not any of theirs, not that I mesh well with the game, too many options to remember.

Bards have been mocked since 2E if not 1E. There's memes these days.

In BG3 swords bard archer or Paladin2 Swords bard 10 has a claim to best class in the game. Skills, charisma, damage. Lore bard is no slouch either.

Damage is traditionally low swords bard not so much while lore bard can aquire haste, staff that creates water and glyph of warding which becomes a very big fireball in effect if combed with a cleric.

Charis.a skills are very important as well and guidance plus bard dice rock for them.

Bardic song of rest is also great.

There's 4 S tier classes in BG3. Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Sorcerer. Probably Paladins as well.

My default party lvl 8 on honor mode is.

Tav BM Fighter 8.
Karlach OoaP 8
Gale Cleric 2 (life), lore bard 6
Wyll Warlock 2, Sorcerer 6.

That's my good party. Mean one.

Laezel Sorcerer 8 white draconic
Asterion Tempest Cleric 2, Storm Sorcerer 6

Rest of group

Shadowheart Life Cleric 8 radiant gear.
Halsin Shadow Monk 6, Fighter 2

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Bards have been mocked since 2E if not 1E. There's memes these days.

In BG3 swords bard archer or Paladin2 Swords bard 10 has a claim to best class in the game. Skills, charisma, damage. Lore bard is no slouch either.

Damage is traditionally low swords bard not so much while lore bard can aquire haste, staff that creates water and glyph of warding which becomes a very big fireball in effect if combed with a cleric.

Charis.a skills are very important as well and guidance plus bard dice rock for them.

Bardic song of rest is also great.

There's 4 S tier classes in BG3. Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Sorcerer. Probably Paladins as well.

My default party lvl 8 on honor mode is.

Tav BM Fighter 8.
Karlach OoaP 8
Gale Cleric 2 (life), lore bard 6
Wyll Warlock 2, Sorcerer 6.

That's my good party. Mean one.

Laezel Sorcerer 8 white draconic
Asterion Tempest Cleric 2, Storm Sorcerer 6

Rest of group

Shadowheart Life Cleric 8 radiant gear.
Halsin Shadow Monk 6, Fighter 2
thank I get the point now

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Currently romancing Shadowheart. It's my first playthru, and I'm only in Act 2, so check back with me later...

I think in my second playthru I'm gonna respec everyone to be a different flavor of cleric and see how it goes.

Zardnaar

Legend
Currently romancing Shadowheart. It's my first playthru, and I'm only in Act 2, so check back with me later...

I think in my second playthru I'm gonna respec everyone to be a different flavor of cleric and see how it goes.

I've though of the all cleric party. Theoretically it works.

Light, life, tempest would be the guts of it. You can more or less get to level 4 minimal combat. Level 5 all the clerics switch on so to speak.

Level 4 could be rough. Barrelmancy the Goblin camp?

I tried all druids but died level 5 to the Gith Patrol honor mode.

Remove ads