D&D General Whom did you romance in Baldur's Gate 3?

Whom did you romance (or "romance") in Baldur's Gate 3?

• Astarion

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Gale

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Halsin

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Karlach

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Lae'zel

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Minthara

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Shadowheart

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Wyll

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • No one

Votes: 4 5.1%

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Shadowheart first attempt at a full play-through, but ended up not liking her once I got to Act Two, which surprised me, as I liked her in EA.

Karlach, though? Thought I’d hate her, thought she’d be just another edgy character. Instead, I love having her in my party, and she’s become my romance of choice. Her personality reminds me of my wife.only big issue there is that I love playing a barbarian (this game made me love it), and I don’t really want to respec her to another class.
No such thing as too many barbarians. And the barbarian couple could be a cool story.

cranberry

Adventurer
Yeah, seems kinda weird to be a married 50-something romancing a character in a CRPG. But I suppose its no weirder than enjoying a movie with romance in it. You just get to be a director. I was the same with The Witcher and Yennifer. Hmmm... Yennifer... Shadowheart. Apparently I have a type. :)

Yea, they are similar. The last time I mentioned the similarity, I was told that I was seeing things.

Lae'zel the first time and it was a really well-done one imo, impressed with the devs.

Choosing between Shadowheart and Karlach now, probably Karlach because I don't have it in me to be mean to her.

I'd love to try a Minthara one sometimes but I think I may be too from a certain background in Britain because her cut-glass accent is absolutely nails-on-a-chalkboard to me, just a very specific kind of upper class accent that screams "Unsexy mean older person".

Last edited:

Remove ads