D&D General Whom did you romance in Baldur's Gate 3?

Whom did you romance (or "romance") in Baldur's Gate 3?

• Astarion

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Gale

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Halsin

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Karlach

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Lae'zel

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Minthara

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Shadowheart

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Wyll

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • No one

Votes: 4 5.1%

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I'll avoid spoilers and just say I went with Shadowheart. The story and ending worked out perfectly for how I wanted it to go. The only bad thing is that the story was so satisfying that I have no desire for another playthrough.

If not Shadowheart, maybe Karlach. Her story and the voice acting was so powerful in Act three, I feel it would have been even more moving if my character had been in a relationship with her. But she had more of a friend energy for me in the earlier acts.

Lazrael...no spark there at all and hard to imagine me getting into the story as much with her as a romantic interest.

Minthara would be interesting, but I'm not sure how that would have come up given the choices I make in games like this. I don't like playing evil characters (though I might make an exception if Mizora were an option ;) ).

Not sure if Jaheira is an option, but I think I feel like the relationship plotline would be weakened if it doesn't start in the first act.

I don't think that of the guys would do much for me, regardless of the gender of my PC. Maybe Wyll, maybe Gale. Halsin had trouble taking no for an answer and I was getting a bit of creepy vibe from him. Not sure about Astarion. His redemption arc is compelling, just not as complex as Shadowheart's.

It's hard to say, because for me the Shadowheart-relationship is a major part of the BG3 story for me and I just don't have much interest in another.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'll avoid spoilers and just say I went with Shadowheart. The story and ending worked out perfectly for how I wanted it to go. The only bad thing is that the story was so satisfying that I have no desire for another playthrough.

If not Shadowheart, maybe Karlach. Her story and the voice acting was so powerful in Act three, I feel it would have been even more moving if my character had been in a relationship with her. But she had more of a friend energy for me in the earlier acts.

Lazrael...no spark there at all and hard to imagine me getting into the story as much with her as a romantic interest.

Minthara would be interesting, but I'm not sure how that would have come up given the choices I make in games like this. I don't like playing evil characters (though I might make an exception if Mizora were an option ;) ).

Not sure if Jaheira is an option, but I think I feel like the relationship plotline would be weakened if it doesn't start in the first act.

I don't think that of the guys would do much for me, regardless of the gender of my PC. Maybe Wyll, maybe Gale. Halsin had trouble taking no for an answer and I was getting a bit of creepy vibe from him. Not sure about Astarion. His redemption arc is compelling, just not as complex as Shadowheart's.

It's hard to say, because for me the Shadowheart-relationship is a major part of the BG3 story for me and I just don't have much interest in another.

Asterion and Shadowheart have the best stories and lines S tier.

Then Gale and Laezel in A tier.

Kinda falls off a cliff with Halsin near the bottom. Halsin was rushed, Karlach had cut content, Minthara bugged/poorly implemented, Wyll got changed late in cycle apparently but his story is decent.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I ended up romancing Gale by accident, which is a common thing apparently.
I intentionally went after Shadow Heart and then Lae'zel in separate playthroughs.

I think I need to do another playthrough soonish.

Everyone simultaneously with the Polyamory mod and a Minthara mod. My endless thirst for content demanded I recruit everybody, and see all romances!

Minthara's romance was borked at the time, though.

Zardnaar

Legend
Everyone simultaneously with the Polyamory mod and a Minthara mod. My endless thirst for content demanded I recruit everybody, and see all romances!

Minthara's romance was borked at the time, though.

Still is as of few weeks ago. I romance here ad her ACT 3 scene didn't fire.

Also can't seem to capture her alive (it's bugged wife's done it twice).

Owlbear cub only fired early on as well. Wanted to get it's ending with Shart romance.

Still have an old save I can revert to I suppose. Rush ACT 3 and detonate Gale is an option.

Am I remembering right, one needs to do something Evil to appeal to Astarion?

You can go that route but it is possible to appeal to him without doing that. I successfully romanced Astarion during a neutral-to-good playthrough. I accepted him after he told me that he was a vampire spawn, let him drink my blood and helped him kill the hunter who was after him. I also said it was okay for him to bite enemies we were fighting. I think those were the big points. I did not commit any overtly evil acts.

Remove ads