TSR Who's running the TSR3 social media accounts?

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum. After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by...

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum.

After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by somebody who identified themselves as "Michael", perhaps suggesting that Justin LaNasa is no longer with the company (which seems unlikely), leaving many on social media to question whether "Michael" exists. The new TSR3 was founded by LaNasa, Stephen Dinehart, and Ernie Gygax, and despite the acrinomious social media activity, the former two founders' names have largely escaped much of the criticism.

UPDATE -- the below tweets now appear to have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.30.39 PM.png

Around the same time, the header above the available events at the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum website was altered to read: "Most role playing games will be played in old school fashion so if you're easliy offended or Rude ! DO NOT PLAY !" (sic)

tsr_rude.png

So who is TSR3 co-founder Justin LaNasa? He was an American politician who ran for office in 2014 and 2020, and who was involved in a minor scandal during the latter campaign.

imagineGod

Legend
Yaaay, one more TSR3 thread! I'm starting to think their whole goal is to be all that appear on the front page of this forum
Honestly, I would almost call it guerilla marketing by TSR at this rate. So much fred airtime without any viable products yet

Meanwhile, done good Kickstarters struggle for attention. .Those who supported Dizzy's Bard Chronicles D&D rsp, he posted a very emotional thanks. So thank you all.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Pretty much. In addition to the nonsense of being forced to license it when TSR3 nabbed it from underneath them, the name TSR doesn't hold all that much weight at the moment anyway.
Depends on whom you're talking with. There are a lot of people who would respond to the TSR trademark being resurrected, particularly in relation to being used for Gygax magazine or other older game properties like Top Secret. It's got that nostalgia cachet to it.

And that's why what's going on now with LaNasa is so insidious. It was nabbed out from under Jayson Elliot and brought Ernie Gygax in specifically to undeservedly claim that nostalgia cachet. And their other posts indicate an intent to confuse people about their relationship with the original company - which is none other than in name and dubious claim to certain logos. I guarantee there are people who are so uncurious that they will never have noticed or followed up on any of the issues that have come up so far and will see the TSR name and leap to the conclusion that they are literally the successor to the original TSR. I'd bet LaNasa is counting on that like a charlatan.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Depends on whom you're talking with. There are a lot of people who would respond to the TSR trademark being resurrected, particularly in relation to being used for Gygax magazine or other older game properties like Top Secret. It's got that nostalgia cachet to it.

And that's why what's going on now with LaNasa is so insidious. It was nabbed out from under Jayson Elliot and brought Ernie Gygax in specifically to undeservedly claim that nostalgia cachet. And their other posts indicate an intent to confuse people about their relationship with the original company - which is none other than in name and dubious claim to certain logos. I guarantee there are people who are so uncurious that they will never have noticed or followed up on any of the issues that have come up so far and will see the TSR name and leap to the conclusion that they are literally the successor to the original TSR. I'd bet LaNasa is counting on that like a charlatan.
All of this makes sense, but then why attract so much attention with the hideous statements? They would have been better served in this by a pretense of niceness.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads