TSR Who's running the TSR3 social media accounts?

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum.

After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by somebody who identified themselves as "Michael", perhaps suggesting that Justin LaNasa is no longer with the company (which seems unlikely), leaving many on social media to question whether "Michael" exists. The new TSR3 was founded by LaNasa, Stephen Dinehart, and Ernie Gygax, and despite the acrinomious social media activity, the former two founders' names have largely escaped much of the criticism.

UPDATE -- the below tweets now appear to have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.30.39 PM.png

Around the same time, the header above the available events at the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum website was altered to read: "Most role playing games will be played in old school fashion so if you're easliy offended or Rude ! DO NOT PLAY !" (sic)

tsr_rude.png

So who is TSR3 co-founder Justin LaNasa? He was an American politician who ran for office in 2014 and 2020, and who was involved in a minor scandal during the latter campaign.

OakenHart

Adventurer
I'm hesitant to believe this...

Ernie indicated that Justin was the one speaking the last time he quoted the TSR3 twitter account, and if that is the case, there's no way that Justin LaNasa is no longer with TSR3.

edit- I suppose it's possible he was speaking as if Justin was passing to their twitter person what to say, but I'm not sure I'd give them that benefit of the doubt at this point with all the shenanigans they've been pulling, so who knows?

Interesting they omitted the tweet where the TSR account called a trans person "disgusting" (or called her question about trans acceptance disgusting. Intent could be read either way, but extremely transphobic, regardless.)

I seriously wonder if a company who's only product at this point are t-shirts with possibly copy-right violating logos and re-packaged Dollar Store dice can afford a dedicated "PR Officer" on staff.
Not surprising in the least that they omitted it really. That site is a ComicsGate-adjacent vehicle for pushing “anti-woke” content so stripping the “disgusting” tweet fiasco seems right up their alley.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases