TSR Who's running the TSR3 social media accounts?

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum. After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by...

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum.

After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by somebody who identified themselves as "Michael", perhaps suggesting that Justin LaNasa is no longer with the company (which seems unlikely), leaving many on social media to question whether "Michael" exists. The new TSR3 was founded by LaNasa, Stephen Dinehart, and Ernie Gygax, and despite the acrinomious social media activity, the former two founders' names have largely escaped much of the criticism.

UPDATE -- the below tweets now appear to have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.30.39 PM.png

Around the same time, the header above the available events at the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum website was altered to read: "Most role playing games will be played in old school fashion so if you're easliy offended or Rude ! DO NOT PLAY !" (sic)

tsr_rude.png

So who is TSR3 co-founder Justin LaNasa? He was an American politician who ran for office in 2014 and 2020, and who was involved in a minor scandal during the latter campaign.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Evidence can be seen here on this thread, where most are engaged in a networked behavior dogpilling on Ernie, and Michael, denying Michael humanity, denying Ernie the possibility the negativity online could cause him harm.

Almost as if to think of Ernie as a vulnerable person who is hurting is unthinkable. Almost as if ridicule of Michael is somehow different if you found out he was a real person who read the attacks upon his personhood and resigned.

That is how "feminization" works, get group approval to target the outsider to your group. And Ernie is so easy a target since he is not even here to defend himself here.
Your first paragraph does not equate to harassment. As to denying Michael humanity, it appears to have been a ploy rather than an actual person they hired. Because they deleted the tweets that claimed Michael existed and acted like nothing happened. Especially since neither of them are here to be harassed by these statements!

The idea that negativity online could harm him? Not really something that's being argued. The question is what negativity has been launched at him. And the answer is: social shaming. Not harassment. Here let me give you an example.

Run through the various initial replies to this and you will see one person using a dirty word to refer to the company. The rest of it is all direct rebukes of their actions and the occasional sarcastic comment. None of it is threats of violence, stalking, sexual harassment, etc etc etc. Go deep enough into those 3.5 thousand comments and I'm sure you'll find more dirty words, but I highly doubt you'll see any sexual assault, death threats, threats of violence, stalking, etc etc etc. And certainly not enough to earnestly claim that it is a form of harassment campaign.

I am seriously not sure what the heck you mean by feminization. Would you care to define that?

BookTenTiger

He / Him
That is how "feminization" works, get group approval to target the outsider to your group. And Ernie is so easy a target since he is not even here to defend himself here.

Here's the Wikipedia definition of feminization:

In sociology, feminization is the shift in gender roles and sex roles in a society, group, or organization towards a focus upon the feminine. It can also mean the incorporation of women into a group or a profession that was once dominated by men.

Is that really what you meant?

imagineGod

Legend
First off, you came in with an accusation; when asked to show us some sort of evidence, you keep bringing up law enforcement for some reason. Unless Twitter completely wiped all evidence of said "harassments," it should be relatively simple to grab a screen cap of it. None of us have seen it, and you are making the accusation, therefore you need to submit the proof or concede you don't have any; without proof most are not going to believe you.

Second, people don't pass judgement outside the law and in the marketplace? Have you read up on the Satanic Panic of the 80s? The PMRC? Tipper Stickers?
And the Satanic Panic is the model of behavior you wish to justify as civilized behavior good for human dociturs?

Or the ridicule I read on this very thread against Michael ? Is that somehow good for our community? That Michael cannot be a human who got upset by the scorn online and stopped posting on social media for TSR?

Bolares

Hero
Those people claim Ernie hurt, what are their names? Which individual did Ernie directly target dirrctly. I have not seen any evidence yet, just a witch hunt in the public square outside the law.
Ah, here is the main point. To hurt someone you have to name them directly... So if I say that sons of game designers that say bigoted things on interviews are bad people I won't be hurting Ernie right?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I never said those harassers should be banned. Yet those harassing Ernie want him banned.
Banned from what? Quote ONE person.

Ernie Gygax is not TSR Games. He may be a shareholder but he is a real human.
That's a false statement. Ernie and three other people ARE TSR Games, according to TSR Games. He is their chosen primary spokesman. He's not merely a shareholder, but one of the few, primary, people in charge.

I have not seen any evidence yet, just a witch hunt in the public square outside the law.
Evidence of what? That he said offensive stuff? That the TSR Games and GiantLands accounts posted offensive stuff? The video and screenshots have been linked in these threads. There is no "witch hunt", and the misuse of that term here is absurd. Ernie chose to speak in the public square. People reacted negatively. No one is burning his house or harassing him personally. No one is calling the police on him. "Outside the law"... you'd rather people tried to sic the cops on him??

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
just a witch hunt in the public square outside the law.
And there it is.

@imagineGod, you have a history of using dogwhistle terms and alt-right buzzwords on this site. 'Cancel culture', 'lynchings', and so on. The warnings don't seem to be having an effect, because you're just carrying on regardless. The whole "evidence" and "law" argument is another commonly used alt-right term used by sea lions, which is what you're doing here. With 6 warning points to your name, all related to similar things. For the moment, please do not post again on this topic (note not this thread, this topic) while I discuss you again with the moderators.

Last edited:

RFB Dan

Podcast host, 6-edition DM, and guy with a pulse.
And the Satanic Panic is the model of behavior you wish to justify as civilized behavior good for human dociturs?

Or the ridicule I read on this very thread against Michael ? Is that somehow good for our community? That Michael cannot be a human who got upset by the scorn online and stopped posting on social media for TSR?
I gave examples from what some would call the "non-woke" side of history of how this is done. You stated that this doesn't happen, and I gave you examples as to how it has. Flipping it to justifying Satanic Panic is merely a diversion at best.

And there is a huge difference. The people here are stating that, because of statements made by Ernie Gygax, Justin "Grits" LaNasa and others they will not support the business that is the new TSR. That's pretty benign. Compare it now to the Satanic Panic, where parents were given options to have their children sent to camps to be de-programmed of all things that the church-mob deemed "evil" such as D&D, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

Maybe in the future, you can, you know, catch up with the rest of the thread before posting your walls of text? You might not have noticed but we had pretty much moved on to joking about Landsharks and Gamma World before you dropped back in, completely oblivious to the direction the conversation had shifted. So, you know, try to keep up please?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads