TSR Who's running the TSR3 social media accounts?

Ernie Gygax (before he and Stephen Dinehart accused the whole affair of being orchestrated by WotC and then deleted their Twitter accounts) indicated that Justin LaNasa was running the social media accounts for TSR3, Giantlands, and Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum.

After a full week of insults, barbed exchanges, and problematic statements from all three accounts, the following has been posted by somebody who identified themselves as "Michael", perhaps suggesting that Justin LaNasa is no longer with the company (which seems unlikely), leaving many on social media to question whether "Michael" exists. The new TSR3 was founded by LaNasa, Stephen Dinehart, and Ernie Gygax, and despite the acrinomious social media activity, the former two founders' names have largely escaped much of the criticism.

UPDATE -- the below tweets now appear to have been deleted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.30.39 PM.png

Around the same time, the header above the available events at the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum website was altered to read: "Most role playing games will be played in old school fashion so if you're easliy offended or Rude ! DO NOT PLAY !" (sic)

tsr_rude.png

So who is TSR3 co-founder Justin LaNasa? He was an American politician who ran for office in 2014 and 2020, and who was involved in a minor scandal during the latter campaign.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm still struggling with this:

Ernie: I made this game for those people who have been picked on for believing in only two genders.
People: Wait, what? That sounds awfully transphobic
Ernie: Sorry, I guess I was raised right with my religious upbringing.
People: Wait, what? That's not an apology at all. Can't you just say trans women are women and trans men are men?
Dinehart: You're disgusting
TSR: Come game with us unless you're easily offended
People: What, what!?
ImagineGod: people need to stop bullying Ernie.

🤷‍♂️

Sacrosanct

Legend
Make no mistake there is an effort to paint those critical of TSR as pure evil. You do not have to go far afield to find it either.
There are even topics created solely around how to attack people who have criticized TSR or Ernie, including but not limited to creating sock puppet after sock puppet on social media sites (like here, rpg.net, FB groups, etc) as some sort of weird DNS attack to overwhelm "leftists" with shout downs.

RFB Dan

Podcast host, 6-edition DM, and guy with a pulse.
There are even topics created solely around how to attack people who have criticized TSR or Ernie, including but not limited to creating sock puppet after sock puppet on social media sites (like here, rpg.net, FB groups, etc) as some sort of weird DNS attack to overwhelm "leftists" with shout downs.
I've always wondered why there are groups of people who think that the concept of treating people with basic human dignity and acceptance as being "leftist." Either way I suppose it's coming soon that we will have to roll for initiative again with these folks.

Make no mistake there is an effort to paint those critical of TSR as pure evil. You do not have to go far afield to find it either.
Yes, Gary Con has already lost followers. And so will I be labeled a traitor or whatever. Haven't even thought about it, really. Doesn't matter in the holistic picture of life. I know who I am and Gary Con will persist to a time unknown. And there are those who will be better for it and there will be those who will be bitter. Bitter or Better, that is the question and the answer.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases