D&D 5E Who's the Best Arcanist (According to You)

Which Arcane Spellcaster Do You Think is the Best?

• Arcane Archer

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Arcane Trickster

• Artificer

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bard

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Eldritch Knight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Warlock

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Wizard

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Any (sub)class with the Magic Initiate feat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My homebrew! I'll attach it below...

• I like (or dislike) them all equally

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Like the title of the thread suggests: which of the following options, in your opinion, is the best arcane spellcaster in D&D?
Vote for the answer that best fits. Tell us all about it, if you like.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Somewhat to my chagrin, the Wizard.

Not because I don't think the Wizard should be that. They absolutely should. It's literally their specialty.

Rather, because the Wizard is incredibly awful at actually supporting the FLAVOR of the class. It doesn't have a single research- or academia-related class feature. It doesn't have anything special with regard to skill or study. Literally the one and only thing it gets which isn't "Cast More Spells" is halving the gold/time costs of copying spells. Not researching--copying. The Wizard is an extremely excellent plagiarist, without a single bit of research-related content. I find this absolutely appalling. It's not like I'm asking for ultra-specialization or something really narrow and specific. This is literally the foundational concept of the class, "person who does academic research to learn spells"!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Depends how we’re defining “best”. Best in combat? Best out of combat utility? Best narrative? Best expression of its concept? I voted for Warlock because I think it’s the best designed, but I might have voted differently depending on what metric we’re using,

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases