Why Wizards are better than Sorcerers, and other stories

takyris

First Post
MerricB said:
You have. Most adroitly.

Just one thing...

...what class were you espousing?

Cheers!

That is exactly the kind of close-minded thinking that backers of your class are known for, while subtlety and imaginative thinking are the hallmarks of my class. I don't see any need to continue this discussion, since the proof of my class' superiority to your class is obvious to even the most casual observer, except for those ignorant munchkins who so love your class that they are blind to rational interpretation.

Meeki

First Post
sparxmith said:
Play a human monk with a Sacred Vow and a Vow of Poverty. At 15th level you get +6/+4/+2 to the three stats of your choice, +9 to AC (which doesn't take into account the monk bonuses or wis bonus), +4 resistance bonus to saves (which is really awesome considering the monk has 3 GOOD saves already--and he's probably gonna put a whole lotta stat points in Wis/Dex/Con), and 7 bonus exalted feats. Also, he doesn't need to eat, drink, or BREATHE.

"Oh, I think I'll walk to Evermeet today. Pass me that rock would you. I need the extra weight to hold me down."

Try doing that Ninja Boy.

What good is your fire, crazy pyromaniac?

Oh, I have improved disarm and deflect arrows. Whatcha gonna do now, silly little pirate!

Plus, all of the other characters NEED money. This monk gets by on his wits alone.

You will not find a more powerful character. Undisputed.

;-) :) =-)
Sparxmith

BOOOOOOO vow of poverty BOOOOOO.... that is such a wretched ability. A monk in my campaign was going to use it so I decided that if he did i would ive the group 100,000 gp each and the monk would break his vow and the gold would be fake and the monk would cry... mwahahaha...

Anyways I think Wizards are better than Sorcerers because there are less letters in the word Wizard that Sorcerer. Efficiency of short words is far superior than that of long words. Thus making the Bard the superior class of all the classes in D&D. Especially orc bards named Ug or Og with nicknames like O or U that play instruments like logs or horns with only 2 notes. Plus with orc bards ur most likely going to have single digit int, again more efficient than multidigit int.

pdkoning

First Post
Meeki said:
Anyways I think Wizards are better than Sorcerers because there are less letters in the word Wizard that Sorcerer. Efficiency of short words is far superior than that of long words. Thus making the Bard the superior class of all the classes in D&D. Especially orc bards named Ug or Og with nicknames like O or U that play instruments like logs or horns with only 2 notes. Plus with orc bards ur most likely going to have single digit int, again more efficient than multidigit int.

Here my homebrew class/race rules come to use: The race is always Human: 'h'. The class is called 'h', and it has the restriction that the name of the character should be the same as the class name. Furthermore, STR,DEX,CON,INT,WIS,CHA are all replaced by one 'h', resembling hitpoints, because you need nothing more than plain hitpoints. and you can never have more than 10 hitpoints because we want only one-digit numbers. The only weapon that is allowed is the hammer, abbreviation: 'h'. Armor is limited to the Helmet: 'h'. So a typical character sheet whould look like this:

h h8 h h

This is really efficient in my opinion. When comparing the Wizard and Sorcerer converted to my 'h' system, they both look the same 'h h4 h h ' and 'h h4 h h'.

And don't scream I unbalanced the game by giving both the Wizard and Sorcerer a helmet and a hammer.

DGFan

First Post
Mystic_23 said:
Well, clerics are cool because when all you other guys get a scratched finger you shout "AHHH!!! Where's the Cleric!!! Where's the Cleric!!!" and come a-running. I mean, who even remembers that the bard can heal when they have a gaping hole in them. It's all about the cleric.

Note: No one has mentioned the cleric, so I thought I'd bring him up. Big UP to the Cleric!

Peace.

Is there any reason to mention clerics since the release of that new book:

Players Handbook v3.5
"Because we really had to nerf clerics"

Goblyn

Explorer
Thanee said:
There is, actually... it's even mentioned in this thread. ;)
Bye
Thanee

I haven't been able to find it:(
Is it from a sourcebook? I'm not familiar with many, so it might be something obvious that I missed.

Thanee

First Post
Arcane Preparation (it's been reprinted in the Player's Guide to Faerûn, but has been in Tome & Blood as well IIRC).

It specifically allows sorcerers to use metamagic exactly like wizards, but they have to prepare some of their slots (the ones they want to use like this) ahead of time for this purpose (need no spellbook, tho).

Bye
Thanee

welby

First Post
You guys all have it wrong.

Kender are the best because hahahaha this is the funniest thread ever. Omg, Thanee's avatar is so hot! Ooh, something shiney! As I was saying, psychotic fire mages are really interesting but not as interesting as pirates. I met a pirate once but he wasn't really nice. But you know who is nice? Ninjas! Well, they might be, if I could ever find one. They're sneaky, but wizards aren't, unless they disappear. I wish I would disappear sometime. I bet I'd end up somewhere cool when I reappeared. I wonder if you see yourself when you disappear. Once a sorcerer yelled at me and threatened to make me disappear, but he didn't. That would have been really interesting, just like this thread.

Mystic_23

First Post
DGFan said:
Is there any reason to mention clerics since the release of that new book:

Players Handbook v3.5
"Because we really had to nerf clerics"
Well, there's probably no reason to mention the cleric, other than that I always feel sorry for the underdog. One of my weaknesses, I guess.
*shrug*

Goblyn

Explorer
Thanee said:
Arcane Preparation (it's been reprinted in the Player's Guide to Faerûn, but has been in Tome & Blood as well IIRC).

Ah, ok. I'm completely unfamiliar with both of these. I was going by the core sorc, and thought I had missed something.

Remove ads