• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why would/did you become a community supporter?

Old One

First Post
Blue_Kryptonite said:
I've been hanging out here since it was Eric Noah's Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition Rumors page. Its home. When you live somewhere, you help out when you can.

What BK said...

~ OO

RuminDange

First Post
Besides the nice search function which has come in so handy many times, I want to support the one online site I spend most of my time online as well as the community that helps answer the questions that come up, give wonderful ideas, and generally ensures I have entertainment during the times I can't be gaming or spending time with my significant other ;)

RD

Kaji

First Post
I became a community supporter thanks to a gift from a friend, but I told him more or less what I wanted. At the time, I was on EnWorld every day, and I figured I should support a community I abused to frequently. I've lapsed lately, but I'm starting to get back in my DND groove, so I expect to hang here quite a bit as I build my home-brew world.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I haven't yet because...errr...I'm a cheapskate.

You'll find I've never spent money on almost anything that didn't have tangable benefits. Search MIGHT be enough to make pay someday...it hasn't gotten annoying enough not having it.

As for whether or not I'm happy with my decision...I was until I read this thread.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Xath, don't take this the wrong way, because it's merely on observation in general, and has nothing to do with you, but it does raise an interesting point. You have nominated yourself to be an Ennies judge, and yet you aren't a community supporter?

Obviously there are no rules regarding such, but I can't help but wonder if maybe there should be some sort of post-count limit, and the requirement of a community supporter account before one can become an Ennies judge? It only seems reasonable to me.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Blue_Kryptonite said:
I've been hanging out here since it was Eric Noah's Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition Rumors page. Its home. When you live somewhere, you help out when you can.

Sums it up for me ;)

devilbat

First Post
I've never felt the urge to donate to a website just because I enjoyed visiting it. Until I discovered EnWorld, that is. It helped that I could get a custom title and access to the search function, but in the end, it was because I felt guilty that I visited so often, but hadn't given back.

reveal

Adventurer
der_kluge said:
Xath, don't take this the wrong way, because it's merely on observation in general, and has nothing to do with you, but it does raise an interesting point. You have nominated yourself to be an Ennies judge, and yet you aren't a community supporter?

Obviously there are no rules regarding such, but I can't help but wonder if maybe there should be some sort of post-count limit, and the requirement of a community supporter account before one can become an Ennies judge? It only seems reasonable to me.

I don't think that's fair. If that were the criteria, only people who have paid money could be a judge. There are a lot of people with valid opinons who just can't afford to buy a CS sponsorship. Also, a lot of posts does not make one an expert on RPGs and, therefor, should have no bearing on the merits of being an Ennies judge.

What it should be based on is how open minded, literate, articulate, fair, and passionate a person is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads